Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I ran into a huge problem with our 8300. The 3 point would not lower. My uncle told me that he has had to pull it down to use it before but now it will not move down. While running it this weekend I see that the AC condensate drips in the left side of the lower three point arm. My uncle told me that when he sprayed that area with WD-40 it would work. We assume it must be a rust issue? I sprayed all the areas down with pensol but I have not make it back to test anything out. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see anything bent, unless its the shaft at the bottom of the case.

There is a ton of water that drains on the lower arms where they go into the case and if they did not use the threee point much, over the years it might have done something.

Everything is electric over hydro on this thing, so I guess it could be electronic also.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Hm, wonder if the two are related. You say that WD 40 cured it in the past. WD 40 stands for Water Dispersal, I'm thinking it might be electrical if a connection or switch was sprayed, and that was enough to get rid of the water to make a connection. I can't really see rust preventing it from going down, one would think it would have had to sit a long, long time and have to be fairly thick to prevent it from moving. Maybe it's just a flakey connection to begin with?

This weekend I ran into a huge problem with our 8300. The 3 point would not lower. My uncle told me that he has had to pull it down to use it before but now it will not move down. While running it this weekend I see that the AC condensate drips in the left side of the lower three point arm. My uncle told me that when he sprayed that area with WD-40 it would work. We assume it must be a rust issue? I sprayed all the areas down with pensol but I have not make it back to test anything out. Any ideas?
I don't see anything bent, unless its the shaft at the bottom of the case.

There is a ton of water that drains on the lower arms where they go into the case and if they did not use the threee point much, over the years it might have done something.

Everything is electric over hydro on this thing, so I guess it could be electronic also.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the 8300 have a know to control the speed the 3 point lowers? If so where.

The controls look something like this but flatter:

I wonder if it lifts just like this one does?

The interior looks pretty much like this:

·
Administrator
21,072 Posts
I was just searching jdparts...that is one complicated system!

I discover that it uses a sensor so the system know the position of the 3PH. Since that part is outside-and possible in the area that's getting wet I would start there. Extending the condensate lines seems like a good idea also.

ROCKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
CartKEYPART NO.PART NAMEQTY TRACTOR SERIAL NO.ALLREMARKS
1R111692SHAFT1
X
2R40915LEVER1
X
3R56504SPRING PIN1
X
4R112679SEAL1
X
5R86457SUPPORT1
X
6P48347O-RING2
X
7R111691BRACKET1
X
8R41076GROMMET1
X
9R26871SNAP RING1
X
10RE56165SENSOR1
X(SUB FOR RE24467) (SUB RE261354)
CartKEYPART NO.PART NAMEQTY TRACTOR SERIAL NO.ALLREMARKS
1121H1390SCREW2
X0.190" X 1-3/4"
1212M7060WASHER2
X5.300 MM
1314H631NUT2
X0.190"
1419M7932CAP SCREW2
XM8 X 16, HS 10.9
1514H860NUT1
X1/4"
16RE54029TIE ROD ASSEMBLY1
X

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,072 Posts
Now, inside the cab-there is a potentiometer (#20) connected to the control. It could be dirty...contact cleaner may help that one.

It only gets more complicated if it's hydraulic, or not the pot or sensor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Kenny! Seems there had to be something that controls how fast or slow the three point lowers?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Be nice if you could run around the system and use it manualy, there putting to much unneeded and expensive electronics on everything today, which is actually making machines less reliable today.

·
Administrator
21,072 Posts
Thanks Kenny! Seems there had to be something that controls how fast or slow the three point lowers?
Probably. Hopefully Kevin can add more. Is that sensor in the area that's getting soaked?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it ended up being the external hydraulic cylinders. The dust cover (or top seal) wore out and let water in. That made some other seal expand and not let things work. So they are rebuilding the cylinders now and I get to drive it back home for 2 hours... At least they are paying for it.

·
Administrator
21,072 Posts
It's under warranty? That's great news:dance:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its been a problem since we bought it from the dealer, and they said they would fix anything that was not working. So, the true test will be picking it up. Will we get a bill or not. So far, they say no.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.