Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the 835M HVAC Gator I thought I would never use the AC in it. After having the Kubota RTV for 5 years, I thought, well I will take the doors off. I have to say now, the AC is great, my 4 legged friend likes it also. He can't take the heat much anymore so when we go for rides it is in the comfort of AC.

:bigthumb:So now I would say the extra cost of the AC when buying the Gator was worth it.:bigthumb:

Big Jim what do you think!

·
Registered
24 Posts
A/C on XUV 835

I have a XUV 835R and have to agree with you on the A/C ...... really nice on those hot muggy days this summer. My previous Kubota RTV X1100C had A/C also but I believe the 835R A/C is stronger plus you don't feel the power loss when the compressor kicks on on the 835R. I would never get another machine without HVAC.

I received the John Deere survey for the new XUV 835R yesterday and was hard put to indicate suggestions for improvement.

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
When I bought the 835M HVAC Gator I thought I would never use the AC in it. After having the Kubota RTV for 5 years, I thought, well I will take the doors off. I have to say now, the AC is great, my 4 legged friend likes it also. He can't take the heat much anymore so when we go for rides it is in the comfort of AC.

:bigthumb:So now I would say the extra cost of the AC when buying the Gator was worth it.:bigthumb:

Big Jim what do you think!
628-SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YA--but yes-the A/C was worth every penny it cost extra--and my furry friend sure enjoys it too-even if it's on and his head is hung out the door -well the window:laugh:

I for one don't give a crap what BigJim thinks.......................:banghead:

:lolol:
oh yeah u do-i know u do-here have a snickers bar and some of this:treehugger::mocking:feel better!

I have a XUV 835R and have to agree with you on the A/C ...... really nice on those hot muggy days this summer. My previous Kubota RTV X1100C had A/C also but I believe the 835R A/C is stronger plus you don't feel the power loss when the compressor kicks on on the 835R. I would never get another machine without HVAC.

I received the John Deere survey for the new XUV 835R yesterday and was hard put to indicate suggestions for improvement.
i have not received a survey as of yet. did on my fix of snow plow-warranty DTAC --i filled it out for that. but nuthing else-and i'm in almost a yr now. next month.

so all u fellas who has the 835R or M's--i have been having a rash on the underside of my left arm off and on pretty much all summer. i thought i got poison ivy from mowing around a couple pine yrs -but it never really got like poison ivy-just a bad rash-heck i even got my dr to give some presoidene to get rid of it.

so today after we went for a early morning-maybe 3 miles-it was too foggy came back and parked it--i looked at my arm-red as all get out. i believe i'm having a allergic reaction to the plastic that goes around the window--so this afternoon i laid a towel over it so my arm would lay on the towel. we ride with the window down pretty much all the time-as Charley boy loves to ride with his head out the window-only time i make him get back inside is when we come steep hills.

sO ANYONE having issues like that:dunno:

how about a vibration say up to around 19 miles an hr. does urs make a good bit of noise when the down hill descent is on?
i'm thinking my belt is getting a glaze on it-or i got springs or weights in clutch messed up some:dunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
so all u fellas who has the 835R or M's--i have been having a rash on the underside of my left arm off and on pretty much all summer. i thought i got poison ivy from mowing around a couple pine yrs -but it never really got like poison ivy-just a bad rash-heck i even got my dr to give some presoidene to get rid of it.

so today after we went for a early morning-maybe 3 miles-it was too foggy came back and parked it--i looked at my arm-red as all get out. i believe i'm having a allergic reaction to the plastic that goes around the window--so this afternoon i laid a towel over it so my arm would lay on the towel. we ride with the window down pretty much all the time-as Charley boy loves to ride with his head out the window-only time i make him get back inside is when we come steep hills.

sO ANYONE having issues like that:dunno:

how about a vibration say up to around 19 miles an hr. does urs make a good bit of noise when the down hill descent is on?
i'm thinking my belt is getting a glaze on it-or i got springs or weights in clutch messed up some:dunno:
I occasionally drive with the window down and arm resting on the door and have not had any skin issues. Sounds like you may have an allergic reaction to either the rubber/vinyl window seal or maybe soap on there from when you washed the machine. Good luck getting to the bottom of that.

I have not had any vibration problems. When using down hill engine braking there is a slight high pitch squeal noise (from clutch?), much like the 3 Polaris Rangers I've owned previously. Dealer should be able to diagnose and fix both.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
I occasionally drive with the window down and arm resting on the door and have not had any skin issues. Sounds like you may have an allergic reaction to either the rubber/vinyl window seal or maybe soap on there from when you washed the machine. Good luck getting to the bottom of that.

I have not had any vibration problems. When using down hill engine braking there is a slight high pitch squeal noise (from clutch?), much like the 3 Polaris Rangers I've owned previously. Dealer should be able to diagnose and fix both.
here's a pic of my arm the wife took tonight for me
this with a towel laying over the seal -so i don't know if i ran close enough to some poison ivy to get on it-or if it's defective from where it's puckered at.
only drivers side did this-passenger side is a-ok.:dunno:

:hide:i hate to say this-but the 2 mechanics at the small delaer where i bought my gator at---isn't all there-so--i'm e-mailing these pics to the sales lady and asking her to make arrangements at another larger dealer somewhere else in Md. a long story about them 2 -:munch:

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,385 Posts
Gizmo says that's the money line.
From the line into the AC cab towards the body is all money. :laugh:
:thumbup1gif: If he didn't have AC and windows he wouldn't have a problem.:lolol:

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
:thumbup1gif: If he didn't have AC and windows he wouldn't have a problem.:lolol:
thanks a loot ole buddy:lol:

did u even look at the pucker in the window glass seal:dunno::munch:

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
:dunno: ??
see the seal in window. i had a circle drawn around the bad spot-but can't seem to transfer it now:banghead:
it worked-how i have no idea:unknown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No issues with the seal on mine. Really don't notice any extra noise, but I did replace my tires. They really make the difference. The wife even likes it more now, she didn't see a reason to replace the kubota x900, but after this hot summer, the AC really is nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts