Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss has an 8400T that throws out one of the hydraulic hoses every time you pick the Krause excelerator up. He thinks it's because we turn it too sharp but his son and I experimented with it a bit and it doesn't matter how wide or slow we turn. Apparently it is designed to run constant pressure on the wings and star wheels. The star wheels are what pops the hose out. Could it be the constant pressure causing problems?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
you need to take apart and clean the couplers. this should get you started...

<br>

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could he also need to change the fittings from the round ball/tip ones to the pointed "high pressure" ones? This tractor had the remotes rebuilt a couple years ago we clean the couplings during pre spring maintenance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have you tried moving another hose to the coupler giving the trouble?

Is the inside sleeve that holds the ball bearings coming out all the way flush with the hose inserted. I just had to change one of mine that was not coming all the way back out and not allowing the balls to seat properly.

I would change the hose nipple back to the original just to see if it stays.,

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to check. It doesn't seem to matter which remote it's on. Because once that one pops the other three do too. It doesn't ever do it with the field cultivator though. But that never has constant pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts