Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took it apart to see what I would need to fix it. Got ahold of Dakotah Toys and ordered what I will need. $102.00 later I received the parts today. Still need to get the paint. Washed all of the parts but getting the old decals off is posing a problem. Will have to work on that some more. Here is a before I washed it pic. 0720151230.jpg

Here are the parts I got along with a catalog. 0720151235.jpg

Let the fun begin. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
17,105 Posts
Levi, try a heat gun to remove the decals, that usually works well.

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
I use a heat gun, then lacquer thinner to clean off any leftover adhesive.

Nice project BTW! :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levi, try a heat gun to remove the decals, that usually works well.

Didn't even think of the heat gun. Guess it's time to use it. Thanks everyone. :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the paint, now the work.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Painted a few things but the tractor needs a repair with welding. Finding out tomorrow if this can be done.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of repair? What kind of metal is it?

Not sure if it's pot metal or cast. It's worn by the pedals about an 8th of an inch on one side. Thought about the JB weld but have a guy going to look at it today and see if it can be welded. If not I'll give JB weld a try.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Parts are painted. 0914151542.jpg 0914151541.jpg Two coats on everything except the rear wheels. Took 4 coats for it. This is all rattle can JD spray paint. In the process of putting it together. Great-granddaughter can't wait, she wants it NOW. Maybe tomorrow. I'm working on it. :greentractorride:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great-granddaughter (her name is Sadie and she's 4) said when I get it done she is going to drive it up town and get herself a lollipop. Her Dad said "no you're not". Think I'd better get this done. :lolol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was your solution to the welding problem?
J-B Weld. So far it's holding. Time will tell. You can see it where the pedal goes in the pics.

I did get it done. Here is some pics of the final results.
0915151425a.jpg 0915151424a.jpg 0915151425b.jpg 0915151432a.jpg
Sadie is loving it and couldn't wait to try it and get her toys on the trailer. Don't mind the blinds in the back ground as my wife is doing spring cleaning. Yah, we know it's fall. Getting an early start. :laugh:

Had to show a pic of the bolts going to the axles for the rear wheels. I was going to paint them and my Grandson (Sadie's Dad) wanted me to paint them yellow. I agreed with him in that it would look great. You can even see a reflection of one of them in the paint, not bad for rattle can. :laugh: 0915151425.jpg I think he's proud of the way it turned out.
I still have to put the peddles on. That will be done this morning. The washers were still drying as I painted them too.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
That turned out real nice Levi. :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Have to throw a disclaimer in here as I forgot. This was real JD paint, rattle can. My dealer had it on their shelf. I got it before Gizmo could get to it. I don't know how close he was to my dealer but he must have been mad when he got there and didn't find all of the cans the dealer had before I got there. Price was still high but not as high as Gizmo would have sold it for. :lolol: I had to put this in here because Gizmo's puter isn't working and he won't see it. Could be why it doesn't work as he was so mad he broke it. :hide:

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
She looks very happy sitting on that seat. And, now she's off to town with it?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She got as far as the patio. :lolol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Very nice tommyhawk! Like the duals on the back. Did it come like that? That plastic front axle system broke on mine. I replaced it with metal and it seems to turn sharper and it won't break again. Thanks for the pics! Glad to see there are some still around. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts