Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member. Had an old 855 for a few years and happy with it.

Yesterday i noticed for the first time two new dashboard lights flickering. They're green and came on at high revs, went at low revs. They sit to the right of the temperature warning light, one above the PTO light and one next position right. There's no symbol and I genuinely thought these positions were blank until yesterday

Any ideas?
Gadget Font Multimedia Display device Rectangle

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Never seen them come on.
I think I looked at the back of mine to see if anything was in those spots and it was empty.

·
Registered
655 Posts
If no symbol (i.e. those lights are genuinely unused) then perhaps there's leakage current somewhere causing them to illuminate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Automotive lighting Rectangle Gas Visual effect lighting Tints and shades
Ok, solved it.

Whatever the mechanism, it was caused by a battery terminal connection coming loose. I discovered it when I tried to start it to take a photo :)

No green lights with the battery connected, green lights without.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
How can lights be on with battery dissconnected..?

Seems odd....

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

schematics in section 240-xxx

Went through all schematics.........no wiring shown to those positions..
I even checked the european version

this is odd

The European versions do have some different items added like a horn and trailer plug.
They DON"T show the actual cluster( warning lights) in those schematics.

Maybe you can make some sense of them.
There are several different versions depending on your particular 855 ( early or late model)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is. The fact that they are not marked suggests that they are not intended as actual warning lights, plus they are green...

They definitely are linked to alternator over-voltage. Brightness varies with revs and load.

I wonder if there is a bulb tucked under there used as a bias, and it's shining through the blanks on the display...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Does yuor tractor have Turn signals as shown in a couple of the schematics..??
I wonder if they are indicaters for turn signals L&R....

·
Registered
46 Posts
These lights (or rather empty sockets) puzzled me when I first got my 955. I ended up wiring in some limit switches so that they would illuminate when I'm in 4wd, or if the rockshaft was in the full down position...After I forgot to lift the ballast a few times and carved out a nice slot in the grass

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts