Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just been informed that my 865r (aka old man edition)arrived at the dealership this evening. :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: It shipped from Horicon WI earlier today, but it is just a few hour drive. Some of the Bling is backordered still, so I’ll go to the dealership in the morning and figure out what the plan is. I should be able to get it next week (minus a few accessories).
It ended up getting delivered 3 weeks late because of an engine and air conditioning part shortage.
I’m sure glad it’s finally here. Even if it’s short a few things, it’s still pretty functional with standard equipment...cab, wiper, AC, power dump.
I will take a few preliminary pictures. Not sure if it comes in a crate or what.

Edit: Will the administrators allow me to modify my signature line this point, or would that be a violation of forum protocol since the machine hasn’t been delivered yet?

·
Administrator
17,085 Posts
Mod away Arlen, congrats on the new machine.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...if you say so, I didn’t want to end up like the last guy that got a new Gator:hide:

·
Administrator
20,284 Posts
Ok...if you say so, I didn’t want to end up like the last guy that got a new Gator:hide:
I got your back Arlen. No worries. :drinks:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,330 Posts
Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

Hot damn!! :good2:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
What makes it an "old man" edition? :dunno: I need to know in a few years :laugh:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it for a spin around the grounds at the dealership. I must say it’s pretty nice!
The AC works great. Even on the lowest fan, we had to turn the temp knob to add some heat, because it got too cold within 5 minutes. It cools great at idle too—I had been worried about that.
Should have it by next weekend, but the work lights are back ordered, along with a couple other things.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Oh la la !! Very nice

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
:thumbup1gif:Oh I didn’t want to look:hide:. So tempted to trade up

Nice enjoy

·
Old Pa-pa
11,330 Posts
Man oh man, that sucker is beautiful!!! :good2::good2::good2:

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Beautiful Machine. Congratulations......

So, what are the key parts of the "Old Man Edition" or whatever you called it?

Looks like someone else was taking photo's as well and admiring it.

Hey, I hear she has a thread here on GTT saying it's her new machine.........(just kidding)........

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Great....now my wife wants one. She saw the purse in the photo and said that's all it needs to do.

Seriously enjoy :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful Machine. Congratulations......

So, what are the key parts of the "Old Man Edition" or whatever you called it?

Looks like someone else was taking photo's as well and admiring it.

Hey, I hear she has a thread here on GTT saying it's her new machine.........(just kidding)........
Well, the old man edition is slow, steady, comfortable, and will take most of your social security check to pay for it!

Yes, she likes it. She has never seen one...just pictures. She likes the bench seat. She says it will be perfect for the dog.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great....now my wife wants one. She saw the purse in the photo and said that's all it needs to do.

Seriously enjoy :bigthumb:
She has a good eye. She wants the purse or the Gator?:laugh:

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Well, the old man edition is slow, steady, comfortable, and will take most of your social security check to pay for it!

Yes, she likes it. She has never seen one...just pictures. She likes the bench seat. She says it will be perfect for the dog.

:lol: well Arlen now u know why i fell in love with the 835R the first time i sat in it. and i think like ur wife-as Charley boy will enjoy the seat plus them crank up windows too.

wife and i sat in a Can-Am gator today that had electric windows on it. :laugh: no kidding. but it's price was only a bit cheaper then the 835r--i think this machine is just the cats-meow-IMO.:bigthumb: i'm glad ur loving it.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/B]
:lol: well Arlen now u know why i fell in love with the 835R the first time i sat in it. and i think like ur wife-as Charley boy will enjoy the seat plus them crank up windows too.

wife and i sat in a Can-Am gator today that had electric windows on it. :laugh: no kidding. but it's price was only a bit cheaper then the 835r--i think this machine is just the cats-meow-IMO.:bigthumb: i'm glad ur loving it.
Geez, it’s about time you woke up!
Did the Can-Am have AC too?
I really like the local support structure that John Deere has. It would take quite a bit of convincing to get me to buy a competing product.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts