Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a John Deere 870 tractor from 1996 with 500 hours on it that doesn't want to start anymore. Starter cranks fine, but engine won't start. I'm use to hearing a 'click' shortly after I turn the key to the on position before I start. I don't hear the click anymore. This all happened after had problems with one of the battery clamps. It made bad contact so I often had to wiggle it to get the starter going. I bought a new battery clamp, installed it, and now the started runs great, but that's all... My thoughts are that a relay is ceased because of the unstable connection to my battery. This tractor doesn't have glow plugs. Any help will be much appreciated!
Peter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,
I have a John Deere 870 tractor from 1996 with 500 hours on it that doesn't want to start anymore. Starter cranks fine, but engine won't start. I'm use to hearing a 'click' shortly after I turn the key to the on position before I start. I don't hear the click anymore. This all happened after had problems with one of the battery clamps. It made bad contact so I often had to wiggle it to get the starter going. I bought a new battery clamp, installed it, and now the started runs great, but that's all... My thoughts are that a relay is ceased because of the unstable connection to my battery. This tractor doesn't have glow plugs. Any help will be much appreciated!
Peter.
I found the problem myself. It was the fuse for the PTO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts