Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hoping i can find some answers here, sorry if my terms are wrong.

Quick sum of events
So i got a flat with my front tires. My front tires were (i believe OEM) bridgestone 6-14 Farm service lug M 4ply. Read online that its important to get the same size tire for mfwd.
Called my local dealer (not a real dealer, much smaller), they told me to call a tire shop. I call a couple tire places but having hard time finding 6-14. Finally one place said they have deestone 6.00-14 lug TT. They assured me that these were the same size (should have know better). On way home with tires in back, had some doubt and decided to double check on internet. To my anger, i see that 6-14 and 6.00-14 is not the same size. Read some places they can be 2" taller etc. Start to look up rolling circumference and clutch/Front Axle-to-Rear Axle Speed Ratio.

1. Are the 6.00-14 tires that big of difference that they will mess up my MFWD? (I leave it off and only use it when i need, like snow or mud)

2. Does somebody know the Front Axle-to-Rear Axle Speed Ratio for a JD 750?

Basically trying to figure out if im okay with the tires i have now or if i need to return them and get others.

Just for more info my rear tires are (oem also i think?) firestone 9.5-24. All tires are AG tires

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So called one of the larger dealer ships near me and the guy i talked to said they are the same tire. Which is against what online says.
I guess ill be putting them on and just hoping for the best.

Also sorry if this was the wrong section to post. Please feel free to move it to another section.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Can't you put the old and new tires side by side and compare height? I would want to stay within an inch. But keep in mind, you're best off only engaging the 4wd in slippery conditions, and I think the front end may be geared slightly quicker than the rear as well, even with the correct tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts