Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to get these pads for my 8B but JD no longer sells them. I have done a lot of searching. I can purchase some of the individual parts but not all of them and the price gets pretty expensive. I have attached the parts page. I have a contact within Ameriquip who makes the JD BH and the person is one of the main design engineers for the BH's and I asked him if I could get the drawings since JD no longer sold it so that I could make my own. He sent me the drawings. Now I have to find a place that will make them for me. Do any of you have any ideas? I was thinking about a machine shop that I know the owner to see if he would do them although he mainly does a lot of CNC and with a lot of the same type of pieces. He is not so much a onesy twosy type shop. The other thing is the GoodYear Plylon 440 or equivalent as the drawing states. This is actually belt material for conveyor belts. I have already written to a couple of companies who supply the stuff as belts to see if I could get some pieces and better yet to see if they would cut it to the right size for me. From what I have figured I need 10 pieces for each pad.

Thanks for your thoughts.

View attachment 8B stabilizer pad kit.pdf

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
Have you checked with Chris at Artilian to see what material he is using on the ones he sells for the smaller hoes?

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had some conversation with him in the past. I will have to dig it up but my recollection is that he would have to do something totally different. The other thought I had was asking since I now have the drawings if he would be interested in making a set. But I also know that he is working 12 hour days so he might not be too interested at this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts