Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to install about 300 feet of 4 inch drainage pipe so I figured instead of using the 16 inch bucket I'd look into buying a 9 inch bucket.
WOW! $413.00. Anyone know of any aftermarket units out there?
Maybe I should ask Diesel to buy it for me?:lol:

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
I haven't heard of any aftermarket ones that fit, but I have heard they small ones can be a PITA since the dirt will want to stick in them. Perhaps someone close has one you can borrow? Or you can starts the Gizmo bucket rental service?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Depending on how soon you need it, I'd recommend keeping an eye on ebay. I scored my 36" bucket off ebay but they do seem to hold there value.

Matt

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't heard of any aftermarket ones that fit, but I have heard they small ones can be a PITA since the dirt will want to stick in them. Perhaps someone close has one you can borrow? Or you can starts the Gizmo bucket rental service?
Wish there was! Oh well, I guess I'll just need to order more stone.

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Gizmo,

If you were closer, I'd be happy to swap you for my midsize bucket for your project. I'd even throw in the Brotek ripper too in case it would be handy. I need to add some drainage sometime soon where the 16" bucket would suffice. If you happen to be passing through the area....again....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gizmo,

If you were closer, I'd be happy to swap you for my midsize bucket for your project. I'd even throw in the Brotek ripper too in case it would be handy. I need to add some drainage sometime soon where the 16" bucket would suffice. If you happen to be passing through the area....again....
Darn. Just out of curiosity what size is a midsize? Problem with a 16" is you need more stone to cover the pipe. Thought I could justify a new 9" bucket....guess I was wrong.
Never worried about it before but with the length of this ditch..............

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Keith,

Just curious, what kind of drainage pipe are you installing? rigid or flexible/corrugated? solid or perforated? SDR35 or the tri-wall?

I asked quite a few construction guys about my drainage installation. I'm putting in 2 side by side rigid 4" SDR35 solid lines about 150' long. My trench will be about 12-18" deep. I was told that if I used SDR35 I could bury it directly in the soil without gravel (maybe just a little for leveling), and SDR35 is strong enough that at my depth, I can still drive my tractor over it without crushing. I was told that flex/corrugated or the tri wall is not as strong, and the SDR isn't too much more expensive.

I'm running 2 lines, one for the foundation footer drain and the second one for the house gutter downspouts. For the downspout line, I'm also thinking about a couple of catch basins where I can TEE in another line in the future, and have some surface drainage too.

I have a 12 inch BH bucket for my 260, will be busy with it this weekend, but if it fits your 46BH, you could borrow it for your project.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tomfive, Gee I do have friends!:lol:
We are using corrugated 100 ft rolls, perforated. The 260 bucket won't fit the 46 but I really appreciate the offer.
I have one location that has underground water on a side hill that allows the water to form near the bottom of the hill. We need to dig down about 3 feet, install the pipe with about 2 feet of stone so that I can catch all the run off from the hill. I will drain it some 300 feet away. The 3 ft deep ditch needs to be only about 20 ft long where the stone goes. The 300 ft of drain pipe will get no stone. I have one big mess going on here. It was so wet I dug a shallow ditch just to drain the water about 2 weeks ago and re-dug 100 feet of it today and installed the pipe.

IMG_0292_1.jpg IMG_0293_1.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts