Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 955 Sub Compact was running fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now it has a few things wrong, that all seem to be connected.
1. Will only start with throttle on full, but does not stay running long, as if it's just running itself out of fuel.
2. When I it turn off and remove the key, it continues to run until it stalls out.
3. The gauges and warning/temp lights on dash do not work.
I have tried a different, working ignition switch, but that didn't make any difference.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
10,263 Posts
It sounds like you might have a blown fuse or open circuit somewhere. I'd start by checking all of the fuses and fuse connections. You might have some corrosion on the contacts. Then check the wiring harness for any abrasion or broken wires. Check the battery terminals and cables closely, especially the positive cable that "may" have a pigtail going to the fuse panel, ignition switch or into the wiring harness. These are just some educated guesses without having a wiring diagram available.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never fails, when something happens, 2 symptoms happen at the same time.

Maybe take first symptom. Starts and stalls?

Watch the fuel shutoff solenoid, outlined in green, watch the rod going in to the bellows, should click and move in to the solenoid (bellows compressed) and stay there when starting. Maybe have someone operate starter and you watch.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.