Green Tractor Talk banner

955 PTO problems

22K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Wyobuckaroo 
Welcome to DT...

Here is a site where you can search for owners manuals, the newer ones are online for download but unfortunately not the older tractors: http://www.deere.com/en_US/groundscare/services_support/manuals.html

There is only one switch/knob that turns the PTO OFF or ON. There is also a lever the selects the Mid, Rear, or Both PTO's.

Is this machine new to you?
Has the PTO ever worked?
What RPM's are you engaging it at?
What implement are you trying to power?

Hey thanks! I picked up a owners manual today at a parts store... This machine is new to me, but looks like it's been rolled before. The RPM gauge is broke and I don't know if the PTO has ever worked. I am just going to run a little rotary mower with it when I get it running. We'll see...:unknown:
The service manual CD's are a great thing to get also if your going to work on it yourself, they are about $70 or so and worth every penny.

Here's a thought, have you tried it without the mower hooked up? Possibly the problem is there and not the tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay-the brakes are fine. It freewheels when just the belly PTO is engaged. There are 4 wires going to the seat saftey switch, all of them cut off with a nippers and spray painted black and green. Never mind!:gaah:
Service manual time:empathy3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.