Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it's HOT! And dry. Wild fires blazing in Lincoln county. I've lived here over 7 years now and never seen it this dry in spring. Usually we get rains up into early June, even in dry years. Not this year. Some areas are breaking 100°F today. Even the weeds are wilting. :thumbsdown: Seems drought is wide spread across the country - more than I recall in decades past.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,388 Posts
Damn! I'm beginning to dislike winters but you can keep the 90+ weather also.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
They can keep the 80+ . I'm not a fan of hot weather. Its been a cold wet spring here, still see no need for the temps to get above 75. :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
We're havin' a heat wave....a tropical heat wa...whoops, this isn't the music thread please ignore my singing :laugh:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could handle some moist tropical heat - this is more like desert - the RH is 10%. That means wild fires - you want to talk pucker factor? Had a blazer get within a mile of our house one August a couple years ago. Packed up the critters and some keepsakes and got outta Dodge fast. Luckily they got it put out.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I could handle some moist tropical heat - this is more like desert - the RH is 10%. That means wild fires - you want to talk pucker factor? Had a blazer get within a mile of our house one August a couple years ago. Packed up the critters and some keepsakes and got outta Dodge fast. Luckily they got it put out.
I don't mind the heat at all, but we need RAIN desperately!!!! Once I get off of this 6 day a week work shift, I'll get busy rain dancing!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Amd we had snow again this psat week.

There is no perfect situation!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,388 Posts
Our area for tonight, from NOAA...
Patchy frost after 2am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph.

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
It's been in the low 80's here, which is too hot for my taste. I want 70 year round. :lol:

Our humidity dropped to 5% yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I spend a lot of time in Hermosillo, MX and I live in MI. Had a 100 degree swing in 12 hrs of travel in one day. 92 down to -8.

It's already in the high 90's, low 100's there and goes upwards of 125 in the summer. Not looking forward to that (and I'll be down there when it is that hot) Temperature on the floor in some of the molding facilities approaches 135.

I'll take snow over extreme heat anyday.

With snow you can always put on more clothes to get comfortable
With extreme heat - eventually you are naked, sweaty, creepy and still uncomfortable.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,664 Posts
I spend a lot of time in Hermosillo, MX and I live in MI. Had a 100 degree swing in 12 hrs of travel in one day. 92 down to -8.

It's already in the high 90's, low 100's there and goes upwards of 125 in the summer. Not looking forward to that (and I'll be down there when it is that hot) Temperature on the floor in some of the molding facilities approaches 135.

With extreme heat - eventually you are naked, sweaty, creepy and still uncomfortable.:laugh:
Funny....I'm just the opposite. Cold is an immediate life-threatening problem where heat can be dealt with and avoided or dealt with easier. At least that's what I tell myself. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Funny....I'm just the opposite. Cold is an immediate life-threatening problem where heat can be dealt with and avoided or dealt with easier. At least that's what I tell myself. :laugh:
I'm a National Ski Patroller in the winter. I'm out in the crap for 10-12 hrs at a time. There are days I have zero exposed skin to the elements in order to prevent frostnip/bite, but very rarely am I cold. Hot apple cider w/cinnamon schnapps always tastes fantastic too......With enough of the right clothing - it's bearable.

I have yet to find the proper attire for 125 degrees. They don't make ice overalls that aren't see-through and don't melt yet.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

By the time I have on a bra, shirt and shorts, I am uncomfortable, to almost claustrophobic, so no, one can't always put on more clothes. I can skinny dip, streak, do a nekkid rain dance, mow nekkid, etc., and survive it. Cold? Anything below 50 is putting those around me in jeopardy because I will have a conniption fit, if I have to wear sleeves!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
By the time I have on a bra, shirt and shorts, I am uncomfortable, to almost claustrophobic, so no, one can't always put on more clothes. I can skinny dip, streak, do a nekkid rain dance, mow nekkid, etc., and survive it. Cold? Anything below 50 is putting those around me in jeopardy because I will have a conniption fit, if I have to wear sleeves!
Yeah - but women aren't creepy when they're nekkid....err.....what were we talking about?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Commence nekkid rain dancing - We're dying up here in okie Pokie! :dance::laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Our area for tonight, from NOAA...
Patchy frost after 2am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
Meanwhile, down the river from Gizmo2: Earlier I head a whine from the living room... "I'm coooold!" So the stove's been lit for an hour now!:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,388 Posts
I can't seem to win. Made no difference to me years past, but now, give me 70-75*.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts