Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a Z turn mower, so really don't know what to expect. Anyone who has loaded theirs on a trailer, I would like to know if the deck is 72'', and the trailer being 77'', is this a problem? That just gives a couple of inches on each side. Can some one with out experience load this thing alright? Or would you get a wider trailer?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would prefer a wider trailer if it were me. I use a 7' wide trailer with a 60" deck and it is gives me about a foot on each side. A 72" deck would only give you 6" on each side with a 7' trailer which is snug couldn't imagine only having 2.5" on each side. Just my .02 cents! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You will have to tie up or hold up the discharge chute while loading/unloading, but it will fit.. Also, you will have to hug the left side (trim side) when you load it.. Also, be prepared to bounce the deck off the sides if your not used to the machine..

Remember the machine weighs about 2000 lbs and most of the weight is on the rear axle.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
225 Posts
It will fit, but as said above, you WILL bounce on the side when you load/unload, especially around the ramp area. That's where it's difficult to keep a zero turn perfectly straight.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I solved the problem, and have a 7' trailer borrowed, until I can have one special built. I have a Kubota side by side, enclosed as well. Need one made so I can use it on both. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If hauling both at the same time, you need a 18' long trailer, and "extra wide" or 82" inside fenders.. Common trailer size..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If hauling both at the same time, you need a 18' long trailer, and "extra wide" or 82" inside fenders.. Common trailer size..
I agree, going to have one built to handle those plus my tractor. I have a trailer manufacture here locally. Going to get him to design me one that can handle the 5115M, and I can always use it for the other two. Thanks for you comments!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I have a trailer manufacture here locally. Going to get him to design me one that can handle the 5115M, and I can always use it for the other two. Thanks for you comments!
Seems like any 14 or 20,000 lb rated gooseneck trailer of the right length would be plenty. :unknown: Why the special build?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Seems like any 14 or 20,000 lb rated gooseneck trailer of the right length would be plenty. :unknown: Why the special build?
Probably cut the dealer's fingers outta the purchase.. I used to go to Sikeston Missouri and get trailers right from the mfgs several years ago.. Usually I had 3 others that wanted trailers, so scoped out a mfg, and ordered the trailers, then go down when done and haul 3-4 once 5 back.. Back then I saved 400-600 on my trailer..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wanted to get one made lower to the ground. I am pulling one now that I borrowed from my Company, rated at just over 10,000#, that was used to move safes. It can be raised or lowered hydraulically. This eliminates ramps?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably cut the dealer's fingers outta the purchase.. I used to go to Sikeston Missouri and get trailers right from the mfgs several years ago.. Usually I had 3 others that wanted trailers, so scoped out a mfg, and ordered the trailers, then go down when done and haul 3-4 once 5 back.. Back then I saved 400-600 on my trailer..
You are right on...Not only that, but you can have parts beefed up if you need it.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I didn't think about cutting the dealer out of the purchase. I've always bought used trailers from private owners.

I've seen plenty of 14K low deck trailers, but don't recall seeing anything heavier. I could see the need for a custom build if it had to be much lower than a standard deck over at that kind of weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts