Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 997 ZTrak with 2100hrs on it, 72" deck. I've owned it for a year or so and recently started having an issue where the PTO randomly shuts off. Yesterday it was hot (95 degrees), I started mowing and within 15 minutes the engine shut off and the temp light and beeper came on. I turned the key off, restarted and it ran fine for another 10 minutes. Afterwards the PTO then shuts off with the engine reved up, this time no temp light. I idled down restarted the PTO and it ran fine for another 1.5hrs. Yesterday was the first time the engine actually shut off and the light came on but over the last several weeks its randomly shut the PTO down.

Any suggestions on where to start? The engine seems to run fine. I checked the radiator and it didn't appear to be plugged. It has new coolant and I store the machine inside. Its such a random issue I'm having a hard time figuring out where to get started.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Coolant temp sensor would be a good start since it reported overheating. On many machines the PTO will cut out if it thinks it is overheating.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestion on the coolant temp sensor, I ordered one from the dealer and will report back with results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts