Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 997 for 5 years now, and the only trouble I've had is with the PTO switch. It was replaced 2 time under warranty, and started acting up again this year. I wash it once a year (whether it needs it or not), and store it inside.
I called the dealer to see if there was a DTAC (or whatever they call them). They said no, but that they would call the factory. Come to find out it is a common problem (even though Old Cajun, and Newt have never had trouble).
So the factory recommended retro fitting the switch from the new Z997R. It is a rocker style as opposed to the push/pull type on the original.
The connector was different, so the new connector had to be installed on the harness. Same pins, they just had to be pushed out of the old connector and inserted into the new connector. The mounting hole had to be enlarged too.
The dealer brought it back Saturday morning, and it seems to work good, and looks stock.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
I've had my 997 for 5 years now, and the only trouble I've had is with the PTO switch. It was replaced 2 time under warranty, and started acting up again this year. I wash it once a year (whether it needs it or not), and store it inside.
I called the dealer to see if there was a DTAC (or whatever they call them). They said no, but that they would call the factory. Come to find out it is a common problem (even though Old Cajun, and Newt have never had trouble).
So the factory recommended retro fitting the switch from the new Z997R. It is a rocker style as opposed to the push/pull type on the original.
The connector was different, so the new connector had to be installed on the harness. Same pins, they just had to be pushed out of the old connector and inserted into the new connector. The mounting hole had to be enlarged too.
The dealer brought it back Saturday morning, and it seems to work good, and looks stock.
Just caught up to this post, good deal!:good2:

Still haven't had any trouble yet, but will go with the new switch if I do.

Should be able to install myself, using Dremel tool to enlarge hole for rocker switch.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just caught up to this post, good deal!:good2:

Still haven't had any trouble yet, but will go with the new switch if I do.

Should be able to install myself, using Dremel tool to enlarge hole for rocker switch.
Yeah it shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I would’ve did this myself too, but I squeezed the dealer to do it for free!
Even though it was out of warranty, it had a history.
There is a different style connector, but the pins are the same, so you might need a tool to pop the pins out of the old one.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
Yeah it shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I would’ve did this myself too, but I squeezed the dealer to do it for free!
Even though it was out of warranty, it had a history.
There is a different style connector, but the pins are the same, so you might need a tool to pop the pins out of the old one.
Worked with a bunch of different connectors like that when I worked for a living, usually it's a spring loaded *pop out* tool and a
*C* shaped insertion tool if needed.

Good dealer doing it for free because of the history.:good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts