Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, I have a 2009 997 Z Trac with 1260 hrs. It has a new battery. This tractor has an intermittent no start problem. It may start 20 times, but then nothing, no crank. At times the parking brake or drive levers can be moved and it will start, but not all the time. I have installed a new starter relay and ignition switch to no avail. Has anyone had a problem like this?

·
Administrator
17,481 Posts
Probably a safety switch somewhere. PTO, seat, shifter, brake...Might have to wait till it gets more frequent to find it unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I agree with the safety switch going bad. When you say no start, do you mean it will not turn over at all or it will not fire?

The brake on my 920 has to be pushed a long way down for it to turn over and the handles have to be in neutral or it will not go.

·
Administrator
20,459 Posts
I would check the alignment of your safety switches as well. You might find something slightly off kilter causing your issue.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure your battery cables are tight on the posts. Same symptoms on my Harley a few years ago--neg cable was loose--I felt stupid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts