Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are great mowers until you throw codes and go into Limp Mode/ No Power. Usually wait 3-4 days until dealer can actually look at it to clear codes. Has anyone found a aftermarket computer software to diagnose these units. We currently have diesellaptops for a Cat equipment and John Deere tractors but No love on the 997R Codes.

Running 4 units in Solar farms- we maintain roughly 3000 acres and growing on one cut cycle so these units run 7-10 hours a day. 6 days a week.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone found a aftermarket computer software to diagnose these units.
Running 4 units in Solar farms- we maintain roughly 3000 acres and growing on one cut cycle so these units run 7-10 hours a day. 6 days a week.
Impressive..
I noticed a lot of JD apps in the Microsoft app store... u might find more in Android store... good luck:greentractorride:

·
Registered
353 Posts
There's going to be a lot of problems/troubles when the manufacturers start making Lawn Tractors like a NASA satellite. There is no need for lawn tractors to have such options or equipment like the Z997R. Way too much to go wrong and expensive besides. Make them so the average person can buy, operate and fix a problem.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
John Deere's version is called Service Advisor. As far as I know it is not YET available to the customer. We connect via a laptop and what they call an EDL, that is inline using a USB cable. It allows the tech to access technical info, make live connections, watch live data streams, reprogram, calibrate ect.
Just clearing codes is one thing, finding out WHY the codes set in the first place is another.
You can look at some codes thru the PDU, Primary Display Unit without software. I would suggest you contact your dealer service dept and have them assist you. Much too complicated to go through here. You will need the tech manual to work your way through the controllers and codes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
We had a pair of JD skid steers at my last job and every time the key accidentally got left on and the battery went dead we would have to have a JD tech come and clear the codes. We couldn't just boost it and go.
Needless to say the next two skidsteers were CAT.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,550 Posts
We had a pair of JD skid steers at my last job and every time the key accidentally got left on and the battery went dead we would have to have a JD tech come and clear the codes. We couldn't just boost it and go.
Needless to say the next two skidsteers were CAT.
Seems like Deere engineers would know about non volatile memory (NVM) and have a button where the customer could clear the codes and re-boot/reset the system to factory settings square one...................Just saying.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
There are places where you can get copies of the software and the cable...they're not in the US and they're not "legal" but it can be had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts