Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am working on my neighbors 210. I have got it started and running good as long as I hold side pressure on the points, if I let go it slightly shifts to the other side and wont fire. The points appear to be in fairly good shape, but if I dont apply pressure with my finger they shift toward the center of tractor and wont make spark. I have ordered a new set of points and a condenser just because. Also this tractor is a bit of a basket case so if any one can post pics for me I need to know where the coil and condenser should mount.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
I think JD found a new place to mount the coil every year.

The best place is on the firewall which separates it from direct engine heat and vibration.

Reactions: Afan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been away for awhile. I have the tractor running good, but need a a few parts. It is a 76 model. I need a few gaskets and small odds and ends. Where is the best place to find parts for these old gems.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Tractor parts are still available at JD.

You’ll do better on engine parts directly from kohler.

Reactions: Afan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys I had got the mower running and patched all back together, then just today after almost two months the neighbor says the trans clutch is out and its mine for 200 bucks if I want it. The body and hood are very straight and engine runs strong. My question is what do these mowers go for. I dont want to resell but am I getting a good deal?

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
There is no transmission clutch. Just 2 belts

Reactions: KennyP
1 - 6 of 6 Posts