Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is my rendition of making a ballast box more user friendly. Please note that the tool box lid is not only held open but also closed by the air spring. The box construction is aluminum. I also added tool holders to the sides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my ballast box showed up with the optional extension kit (have a good dealer). I just thought the additional space would work well for extra tools and chains. I didn't think my machines need the additional weight it would provide.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Randy, you do good work- both this and the lights.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Excellent work!...only change I'd make is to make it water-tite, put a drain bung on it and insulate it...Perfect carrier for ice and adult beverages...LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! You're just biased because it is on a green machine. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I actually got those at my local Ace hardware store. Spring loaded and everything.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Brian, I messed up, it was Tru-Value and not Ace. Got my hardware store mixed up. :slap-yourself-emoti

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
WOW, Super nice job Randy!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have now found magnetic ones....LOL... I will have to check it out at Ace, its the place...LOL...
Brian, I did some more info search for you. Do a Google search for Stanley Tool Clips.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Gang, I have an update to my ballast box. I already had the dolly for it, but keeping it centered and on the dolly when hitting joints in my concrete floor concerned me when moving it about. I also thought there was an easier way to center it when loading the box to the dolly. Well, here is what I came up with. The guides are plastic and bolted directly to the sides of the dolly. Four of the guides are 8 inches long while the other two are 4 inches. This is to aid in the loading. Seems to work well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
I feel the same (From an asthetic point of view) but in talking around, most people say I should definetly put some in when I do my 30x44 slab...
If they saw-cut them, they are not as bad as the "tooled" ones. Wheels roll over the saw-cut ones easily.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tooled control joints in garages and shops are evil.
Well, I would have perfered the sawed joints. What I have done though is to fill the joints with caulk, and it seems to help a lot. I have zipp strips as well, these tend to work out well also. You just end up with small hairline cracks running across the floof.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts