Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted say thanks to Tim (TTWT) for this awesome video, that worked out perfectly for our fence building project today. I bought some of these totes after seeing this video a few months back. It payed off big today with our fence building project.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Allot of water for four bags of concrete

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Gotta love Tim's videos. Alot good stuff there. He's given me a few ideas also. 👍

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a total of 42 post ,planned on 1 bag per 2 post, ended up using 1 bag per post, so back to Lowe’s tomorrow.
We got about 1/3rd to half the project done today, we will be back at it tomorrow.
Hopefully knock it all out except painting tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kenton‘s great!
He really is a great asset to your channel whenever he makes guest appearances. Love his personality and his insight.

However If not for your awesome YouTube channel, many of these great ideas would never get shared with the masses.

For that I am very thankful for you and the misses, putting in all the hard work to share this kind of information and passing along these unique ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Keep doing what you are doing Tim. Whether its your idea or not its helping someone get their jobs done. Giving a new guy some ideas. Maybe jar someones memory that had seen someone do something but couldnt remember where? Lots of things.

Remember this, there will always be someone out there that doesnt like what you are doing. Ignore them! If they don't like it they don't have to watch it.. They complain about you but yet they still take the time to go to your channel and watch your videos. Then complain about them. The best part? They wait for you or someone else to respond! Soooo...

Take care and stay safe!
WB 🚜🇺🇲

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I was using one last summer to water some grass I had planted. Not very big areas, I ended up using a sprinkling can. I tried a garden hose but just couldn’t get enough pressure. What’s nice about Tim’s video is the bigger tractor. He can lift it higher and carry more water than I can to get the pressure up. In my case it sure beats carrying a bucket of water and a sprinkling can.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was using one last summer to water some grass I had planted. Not very big areas, I ended up using a sprinkling can. I tried a garden hose but just couldn’t get enough pressure. What’s nice about Tim’s video is the bigger tractor. He can lift it higher and carry more water than I can to get the pressure up. In my case it sure beats carrying a bucket of water and a sprinkling can.

View attachment 784569 View attachment 784570
Yea, that’s what I had planned also for the two totes I bought, was for watering fresh planted grass this spring.
That is Once I get my new grass planted around on various areas of my property, there is really no way to run a garden hose out that far, at least I have never seen 600-1000 ft + garden hoses. Lol
I am sure I could link several 100ft hoses together, but i figured there would be no way I would still have any pressure out that far.
Turned out this fence project came up first, and I found yet another good use for the Tractor/tote remote water delivery solution.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Remember water weighs almost 9 lbs per gallon so between the tote, the forks, and the water you'll haul 100 gallons or less at a time on a subcompact.

Still much better than a bucket.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts

This is my solution. 50 gallon barrel I got at a flea market for 10 bucks. 25 foot water hose I already had. 12 volt pump with alligator clips that runs off of tractor battery. I also put a splitter on the output of the pump. Took a second piece of hose and cut it to just touch the bottom of barrel. Each side of the splitter has a shut off. Open one side for watering and the other side for agitating, if I use fertilizer. Works well.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
A 100 gallons in my tote is about all my 2025r will lift and not very high, I usually fill it less.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yea, that’s what I had planned also for the two totes I bought, was for watering fresh planted grass this spring.
That is Once I get my new grass planted around on various areas of my property, there is really no way to run a garden hose out that far, at least I have never seen 600-1000 ft + garden hoses. Lol
I am sure I could link several 100ft hoses together, but i figured there would be no way I would still have any pressure out that far.
Turned out this fence project came up first, and I found yet another good use for the Tractor/tote remote water delivery solution.
Though I don't do it every year, I run a series of hoses (farthest more than 500') to my gardens with shutoffs and Ys along the way, then leave the hoses in place for the dry season. Once the hose is filled I get the same water pressure and flow at the end as at the source. Can only run one sprinkler at a time now. I'll get more once I replace that quarter turn faucet. Just make sure the hose connections are tight. Also, try to remember the hoses are there when you mow. Someday I'll run a line underground and set up frost proof taps at each of these along the way: pole barn, green house (once I get it up), summer garden, picnic building, blueberry patch, fruit trees, and winter garden. Might as well run new wiring underground at the same time.

I like the idea of totes but I doubt I'll use them for watering.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up having my own tractor time weekend with this project. I think about all my tractors got to come out and play yesterday.
Pulling old fence post with 4066R and MTL fence post puller.

Moved a pile of old concrete and fence post with the 5115M and MTL grapple.

Misc. pic from the weekend projects.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Sky

Been many years since I built fence out on the farm.
This little project would appear to be going to take at least one more weekend if not two by the time I get it all painted.
I am not sure how much of that original 1 weekend time estimate is due to I me being 30 years younger back then. LOL :p
But as I am sure Tim would agree, any weekend where I get to play with my tractors is a great weekend. 😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts