Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2021 5075e with cab from local dealer. I drove it around on their lot before i purchased and told dealer i thought A/C was not right. They said they would look it over. After delivery the a/c still does not blow cold. Especially after working it for a while it gets pretty hot in cab and a/c is just moving air but not cooling well. I had the dealer back out to look at it and they put a thermometer on one of the vents while it idled and called it good. Its def not good and I anticipate it being very uncomfortable when using in hot summer. Anyone else had similar issues?? Possible remedies?? Thanks, in advance. 163bc

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
Is radiator/condenser/cab filter clean? I suggest to install manual control valve in heater hose to eliminate any possible warm coolant leakage through factory coolant control valve. My JD '91 4255 has had a manual heater hose valve since I purchased it pre-owned in '93. Next I suggest to install high/low pressure gauges & record pressures with tractor at operating temp. Pressures should be in the 50 & 250 psi range dependent on ambient temp.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,535 Posts
Have you noticed if the A/C compressor clutch engaging?

There are many thing that cause poor cooling output.

Low on refrigerant gas.
Overcharged on refrigerant gas.
Receiver Dryer clogged.
Expansion Valve(Orfice) not operating properly.
Cab Heater valve malfunction(Engine Coolant leaking through control valve, allowing hot coolant to enter heater core).

You may want to have a Qualified A/C Tech to look it over.

·
Registered
2022 Ram 3500 CTD
415 Posts
I would purchase one of these for about six or seven dollars. It will tell you the temperature of the air leaving the vents… The readings should be somewhere between 38 and 48°F depending on the ambient temperature and the design of the unit itself. If it’s not in this temperature range it will be hard for the dealer to argue that there is “not a problem”.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bigger problem i see is after using the tractor for an hour or 2 it seems to really struggle to keep the inside of the cab cool. As it is right now it will be hard to use on hot summer days very long. I just got it and running it on 80 degree days i'm uncomfortable in it after an hour or so with a/c wide open.

I traded a 15 year old Kubota that had a fantastic a/c. The new JD doesn't hold a candle to that a/c unit.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The bigger problem i see is after using the tractor for an hour or 2 it seems to really struggle to keep the inside of the cab cool. As it is right now it will be hard to use on hot summer days very long. I just got it and running it on 80 degree days i'm uncomfortable in it after an hour or so with a/c wide open.

I traded a 15 year old Kubota that had a fantastic a/c. The new JD doesn't hold a candle to that a/c unit.
I would look at the above but also make sure that the condenser under the hood is clean. If that gets clogged with dust and chaff (and it will certainly get clogged if you are making any dust and chaff), it won't work very well. That will happen over time as well, it will start out fine and then after a while start to not work well at all.

·
Registered
982 Posts
This is a simple problem of convincing the dealer that your concern is valid. Measuring the air temp of the outlet is only ONE measure of system cooling. Volume of the cooled air is critical. If the blower isn't working right, If the engine heat is entering the cab, (either heater or air leaks) If insulation from the transmission and engine is inadequate.... Everything contributes to the cab comfort. Contact your dealer ASAP... the problem is harder to find when snow is on the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
My 4520 CUT AC doesn't do the job above 90 degrees. It works well up to that temperature. I talked to the dealer about it and he said those AC units are not big enough for above 90 degrees. I've had a Certified AC guy check it out and could find nothing wrong.

He suggested I get the windows tinted and help the AC out. I haven't done it yet but it's something I plan on doing. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2014 5100e that was always blowing warmish/hot air. I found the coolant supply lines to the heater core which run up the outside of the cab frame, and they were always hot to the touch. Turns out the valve in the roof which shuts off the hot coolant flow to the heater core was out of adjustment and wasn't completely shutting off the hot coolant flow. So the heater core in the cab was always hot, and even though the AC system was functioning properly, this overpowered the AC cold air. The problem didn't really show up until the engine coolant was hot.

The heat temperature control knob in the cab is connected to this valve in the roof via a cable. The adjustment process is simple, I took off the roof panel, found the valve and control cable, at the cable end is a clamp where you can adjust the cable position. It looks like the cable slipped under this clamp, so it wouldn't pull the coolant flow valve completely closed. I loosened the clamp, reset the cable position to ensure the valve was completely off, and tightened it down. I functioned it a few times to make sure it would stay put, then tried it out. My AC was cold again!

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
I installed a manual shutoff valve in heater hose on my '91 JD 4255 in '94 & it's remained closed ever since then. Very seldom is a tractor cab heater required to operate in Texas Winter weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a used 2020 5075E and was using it to bale hay here in Texas last weekend. It was 88 degrees outside. I had the fan setting to the lowest without turning it off and I had to raise the temp setting to warmer. I was getting to cold.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
Welcome to HayTalk
Your scenario about AC operating very well in Texas heat isn't the norm. Congratulation's on owning a tractor with an AC that functions very well! Just wait a few yrs & it's possible a internal leaking heater valve will possibly warm you up!!!:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.