Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was in the routine maintenance maintenance mode on the mower deck.
My first question is how do you all pick the deck up for maintenance (changing blades and cleaning)? I put a chain around each front gauge wheel bracket. It seemed to work fine, I am curious what others do.

As I was backing off I noticed some wear that I assume is "normal" as nothing appears to be out of place and the spring loaded belt tensioner moves freely. I'm not too concerned about it as all rub sites are smooth/rounded and shouldn't cause premature belt wear, however I also know these are not normal wear points. Do you all see the same wear on your decks?

"normal tension"
Motor vehicle Vehicle Machine

belt pulled back, wear in red circles:
Machine Wire Tool Machine tool Tool accessory

Thank you,

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed stainless eye bolts and use a sling with my FIL.. Works great! I have also added delta rings for the straps to go through on the bolt on hooks on the FIL.
My 60" is showing the same wear as yours. I guess its normal..
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Wheel
Vehicle Green Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Automotive tire
Green Vehicle Bicycle drivetrain part Plant Edger

Reactions: 56Nine

·
Registered
967 Posts
Rub marks.... Look normal to me. Mine is the same although I have more mowing under my belt with it. Lifting the deck.... Anyway you can that is successful.

Reactions: Levi and 56Nine

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Checked mine today while it was off... My wear marks are not as large as yours but I have them in the same location. Have almost 2 seasons of mowing on it. Approximately once a week for the season, late March/early April through September/early October.

I pick mine up with a chain through the front gauge wheels. Although now after seeing 03cobraa's setup, I think I may change to something like that. That is pretty slick.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I have a 54D, but have the same wear marks. I hoist mine from the gauge wheel brackets on the end opposite the chute. I let it down on a piece of scrap plywood. It seems more stable standing on the metal end of the deck for any work on the blades. I haul it into the shop w/FEL then use my beam mounted 120v Warn Pulz-all to hoist it.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the feedback, I'll not worry about the rub marks, I "wish" I had a couple of different springs to install and compare what happens with belt play.

Regarding picking up, I like both the options W9GFO and 03cobraa have shown, I think I may hunt down some eye bolts and give them a go.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.