Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new 2720 onTuesday have not had time to put her to work yet.
But I did drive around the yard some.
Got the 54 SnowBlower which was delivered on the pallet.
I was reading the books and was wondering how the hitch bracket mounts.
I included a picture if it.
The picture in teh book does not show the hood gaurd on the tractor.
Does the hood gaurd have to come off?
It appears there are two flat plates that can't find in the boxes which bolt in place of the hood gaurd. and this braket connects to those with a long pin.

Is this correct?

Attachments

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

No I did not get a MM, I have a dedicated lawn mower its a WALKER brand 20HP diesel Zero Turn.

I bought his strictly for utility use FEL and snow, maybe later get a tiller and a BH.

I just went through all the boxes and I do not have any brackets to mount on the tractor, and the brackets are not on the tractor. I guess I need to go to the dealer tomorrow and find out where they are.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New 2720

I have had a long weekend at work did not have any time to break in the tracotr, but I just spent some time in the garage with my new toy.

I stopped at the dealer Friday night. They oder a new turn buckle for me, gave me JD Hydro oil for the transmission, and gave me the missing bracket kit (made a comment that they seem to always forget to include that kit)
(flatplates that bolt to the frame of the tractor)
I did receive the quick hitch, and the bracket I posted the pic of. I was just missing the frame mounts.

I bolted those on tonight, mounted the drive shaft bearing supports in bracket and line up all the parts. I believ I have everything. Hopefully next week I will have the time to dimount the 200CX and test mount the blower.

Fromother post on the forum I have decided I going to keep the pallet frame that the snowblower came strapped too. I going to reinforce with some plywood mount some wheels on it and use it for storing the blower and quick hitch.
This way I will be able to move it around easily in the garage.

Next idea is I going to copy Randy tool box, Great idea some some tools/rags etc are handy when in the field and not close to the house.

Thanks

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Off the subject

OK, I did not respond to the comment about the Pinto, but since it has been brought up again.
YES, the car in the background is a 1980 Pinto, I use it everyday (not in winter) to comute to work. I get a nce 24 mpg in a 32 year old car.
I am a car collector with 6 other 30+ year old cars in my heated garage

I hope the moderator does not mind.
Here is a pic of the car.

Back to the JD 2720, I hoping work will slow down a little bit and I can test fit the 54 SB inthe next week or so. I beleive I now have all the parts. I will post more pics.

Thanks
I enjoying this forum and I just ordered a set of Hooks from KEN

Attachments

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yanking dead shrubs

I need to yank out some dead shrubs.
The ground is very wet right and soft which I think is the best time.
But I was wondering which method would you think is the best to connect a chain to the tractor for pulling.

To the ballast box which would pull on the 3 PT hitch?

The tow bar?

The FEL bucket hooks and pull up on the shrub, while cutting the roots?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.