Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I got the 430 running a few days ago (the link belt worked for the alternator/water pump/crank pully belt), got the 60 inch deck on and it works. Though it has a couple problems: The deck/3 point hitch will only move ~1-1/2 and nothing else, maybe some kind of wrong adjustment? The other one is that the hydro is pretty jerky. If you are at ~1/2 throttle and go forward it jerks out and is kinda rough. And when you stop(no matter where the throttle is), it jerks forward a little bit. What could this be? Any input is welcome! I’m thinking it’s loose linkage, cause if you’re at half throttle and you put the hydro all the way forward, it runs smooth. Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is a height lock adjustment for the deck/3 point. From the rear of the tractor, look on the left just to the right of the left wheel (under the fender deck). Looks like a bolt with a roll pin on the end facing backward instead of a bolt head. With the deck fully raised, it should turn easily, if it does not, some WD-40 may help. You should not need to force anything, it should turn easily by hand.

If I recall correctly, turn clockwise to lock deck/3-point higher, counter clockwise for lower. It will turn several turns (maybe 10-15?).

I cannot help with the hydro, mine functions normally.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a height lock adjustment for the deck/3 point. From the rear of the tractor, look on the left just to the right of the left wheel (under the fender deck). Looks like a bolt with a roll pin on the end facing backward instead of a bolt head. With the deck fully raised, it should turn easily, if it does not, some WD-40 may help. You should not need to force anything, it should turn easily by hand.

If I recall correctly, turn clockwise to lock deck/3-point higher, counter clockwise for lower. It will turn several turns (maybe 10-15?).

I cannot help with the hydro, mine functions normally.
Thanks for the info!👍

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I know that there were 4 different versions of linkage over the 430’s production run. But I’m not sure what mine is, does it depend on year? Cause mine is a 87

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Click avatar (pic of Sherman) in black bar above, then "Profile", then "Conversations" Bob

Reactions: SuperSherman44

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Click avatar (pic of Sherman) in black bar above, then "Profile", then "Conversations" Bob
Thanks for your help with that manual! 👍

Reactions: rwmeyer

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also saw that the bolts that hold the tranny to the frame can get loose. Should I jack it up to check it? I know this sounds stupid

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
NOT stupid, do it!! You'll be better off with tractor in the air and right rear tire off when checking linkage....kill 2 birds with 1 wrench, err, stone. Bob

Reactions: SuperSherman44

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NOT stupid, do it!! You'll be better off with tractor in the air and right rear tire off when checking linkage....kill 2 birds with 1 wrench, err, stone. Bob
Ok! Thanks for all the help👍 I’ll keep you guys posted on what I find

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven’t been on here for a while but wanted to cap off this thread. I found that the linkage was completely worn, so I went through it all, and also found out that the tranny flange was almost completely broken off. So I bolted and welded a 3/16” piece of angle, adjusted the linkage, and it’s good to go! Also found out the problem with the deck was that the draft arms needed adjusted. Just wanted to finish this thread, as I know it can be annoying when you never hear back.
Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Vehicle

Reactions: KennyP
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.