Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been clearing land all day and at some point my 1025R starting showing 'Shift to Neut' while in gear. The neutral switch is working fine and it still yells at you to put it in neutral while starting but once started when I put it in gear it throws the error. This happens for L or H.. the tractor still works but I'm afraid there may be a reason its telling me to put it in N. Its probably worth noting that I rolled 50hrs yesterday - filter is ordered. Is there some form of timer reset associated with the 50hr service?

Also, is it normal for the battery symbol to be illuminated while running?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch That

So it seems the belt flew off. The alternator must have loosened up with use..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I didn't notice at first b/c the belt was tight on the alternator.. wedged itself between the block and the fan belt pulley. That was fun getting freed up.

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,440 Posts
Yeah I didn't notice at first b/c the belt was tight on the alternator.. wedged itself between the block and the fan belt pulley. That was fun getting freed up.
Glad you found the problem JK...:thumbup1gif:I had my whole bracket and assembly fall apart 2 winters ago(Warranty Repair)

Reactions: Levi and etcallhome

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I guess now I'll be giving the fan belt a push with every oil check...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess now I'll be giving the fan belt a push with every oil check...
Not a bad plan.. I assume mine was probably a little loose from factor. That or a piece of bamboo pushed up against it. I was doing some pretty serious clearing this weekend. Between the piranha tooth bar and the 403 bush hog it'll git it dun.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quick check in the service manual says that the gauge cluster reads the alternator pulse to know if the motor is running or not for the hour meter. So that's why you had the error message, not because the voltage was low or anything like that..
Interesting to know.. it did seem like the battery light came on as soon as the belt would have flipped off - engine noise changed a bit.

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.