Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess we can't upload videos, I have one clearing snow with the loader last week, but here are a few pics of my favorite toy... Errr ... I mean yard tool:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778506.042402.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778575.232073.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778609.348774.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778654.496340.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778721.151088.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360778754.853814.jpg

That's a buddy of mine running it when we rebuilt my girlfriends driveway.... Where the tractor lives btw.... I live in a condo LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
If you want to show off a video just upload it to Youtube and then use the video link tool to insert it into your post.

Great pics of the Toy/Tool :)

·
Administrator
20,478 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Thanks for pics, love those yellow teeth:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
LOVE that tractor and "other stuff"! I've a question on that toothbar, do those straps go all the way around under the bucket to the teeth or is there some steel under there in the scuffy zone?

AND, what size/model MMM is that, auto or manual connect? Thanx!:laugh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The toothbar has teeth 90 deg on the bottom too. It's called a ratchet rake, I think for sale on either my tractor forum or one other I can't recall the name of off the top right now. The straps attach at the bottom of the bar and the top. I want to modify it to only use the bottom attach point and attach the other end to the top of the bucket. I already mangled one of the ratchets clearing brush last fall as the straps get in the way crossing the bucket like that. The snow bar works great too, we have a packed gravel driveway that can get dug up easily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh it's a 54" MMM with the auto connect. It seems a bit dodgey to get it to attach but I found that driving over it then turning right and left quickly seems to get it to connect fast. Hopefully it breaks in more, it seemed to work better as I attached detached it more.

·
Administrator
20,478 Posts
Oh it's a 54" MMM with the auto connect. It seems a bit dodgey to get it to attach but I found that driving over it then turning right and left quickly seems to get it to connect fast. Hopefully it breaks in more, it seemed to work better as I attached detached it more.
Have you seen our 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread? A few simple adjustments and you can have your mower connecting and mowing extremely well. :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,508 Posts
Great pics....I wish I knew about the ratchet rake a few years ago!:gaah::gaah:

·
Premium Member
14,413 Posts
Nice pictures. enjoy your new toy I mean machine....

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Nice shots, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is this attachment?

edit: I'm not sure why the image didn't come over. I am asking about the thing on the bucket in the second photo.
its the snow edge....heres the link, I have no affiliation: Ratchet Rake, LLC - Rip and Dig, Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, It seems to help with not tearing up the gravel driveway when clearing snow.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Nice "yard tool" hope you continue to find some way to use it. Good pictures too.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks for the link to the snow edge. Does it seem to work, or does it make the bucket ride up over the snow? My brother just had a new driveway put in, and I think he will be very interested in this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It works great. Good for back blading too . It has a hard plastic edge that's not as sharp as the bucket. Scrapes the street pavement well too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Ratchet Rake is available at most Tractor Supply stores. That is where I got mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts