Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting for new 1026r to come in, got here in less then 2 weeks. Still waiting on grill gaurd, loader, etc, but wanted it today as we (WI) are getting snow Sat night/Sun. I should be ready. Gonna try to blow without rear weight. Main duty will be snow removal, but I do have a loader coming too. Any tips, helpful hints (keep ROPS up, belted in, safey 1st I know, but, this is my 1st real tractor (have had LX277 for 10 years).

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Congrats on the 1026R! and thanks for the pics. This may be the first actual pics I have seen of a blower on the 1026R. My blower is still on a pallet in the garage and the FEL on the tractor. I presume that is the 54" blower? You should be ok without the ballast depending on you conditions, but better and safer with some of course. I ran my 2320 with turf tires and no ballast one winter and was fine. All of my snow blowing is on concrete and asphalt. I did use the MFWD though! With weight on the back, I believe I went one winter without ever using the MFWD. I will be using rear ballast on my 1026R this winter and I am curious to see how the R4 tires perform as well. Keep us posted!:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: cser05

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, 54" blower.

My sales guy suggested I try the blower without weight (level asphalt drive). Dealer is a mile away, I'll drive her over if I need something.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sweeeeeeet setup. Is that the 54" blower?

If you dont have any ballest you might have to run it in 4wheel drive to get traction if you are slipping to much. If you are blowing on gravel I would set the skid shoes down as far as they will go to leave some snow to make a crust and to minimize picking up gravel and throwing it in the grass. Just my 2cents.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Yep, 54" blower.

My sales guy suggested I try the blower without weight (level asphalt drive). Dealer is a mile away, I'll drive her over if I need something.

Chris
Thats handy! Enjoy your setup. I still can't believe that for what we pay for this stuff, (2) drift knives can't be standard! I lucked out and got (2) with my blower I guess because it came with the 2320 in 2007? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
SaaaaaWeeeaat set-up FR60

Now, don't you go wishing snow on us here in WI, I don't have my blower on just yet. CP is correct, you will probably need 4WD without the weight. I run my set-up with a ballast box and rarely turn the front drive on. I do use the split brakes though, very, very handy with a blower. Do the 1026's have split brakes? I know my 2305 doesn't. Hope they made that improvement for ya.:thumbup1gif:

Oh yeah, welcome to the fun, glad you post the pics right up front. I know they would be requesting it if ya didn't. Glad you're here and participating. :yahoo:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No split brakes......never had 'em, wont miss 'em.

Wouldnt it be easier to just use 4x4 then go buy/store/look at/fill/ a balast box? heck, I paid for the 4WD, might as well use it.....no?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep, 54" blower.

Chris
Well you have a FEL coming so you will need a ballast box anyhow. So I suggest you drive over and get an iMatch and ballast box to finish off the rear of that nice new tractor. Maybe a chute deflector cable as well. Not sure if it is hiding on the right side or not installed.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,065 Posts
No split brakes......never had 'em, wont miss 'em.

Wouldnt it be easier to just use 4x4 then go buy/store/look at/fill/ a balast box? heck, I paid for the 4WD, might as well use it.....no?
Now I don't feel bad. My larger tractors have all had split brakes since 1988 I think I've used/needed them twice. Average tractor usage per year is/was about 150-200 RPM hours.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats that is a beautiful set up you have there! Thanks for the pics too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well you have a FEL coming so you will need a ballast box anyhow. So I suggest you drive over and get an iMatch and ballast box to finish off the rear of that nice new tractor. Maybe a chute deflector cable as well. Not sure if it is hiding on the right side or not installed.
Chute deflector cable is ordered. Good point on the balast.

Anyone have a picture of the balast and IMatch (whatever that is) mounted on a 1026r?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Very nice :thumbup1gif:.

Yep, a rig like that will have you wishing for snow.

Pete

·
Registered
579 Posts
....and they still look sharp without the hood gaurd! Congratulations on the new tractor.

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
That looks like snow blowin' sun of a gun! Congrats on the new tractor! I love my 1026R. It looks naked without the grill guard.

When you can, post some action pics of you blowing some snow with your R.

Welcome to the forum. I've found it very helpfully, informative, and friendly.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,065 Posts

·
Administrator
20,970 Posts
LOL! That's a good one

·
Registered
304 Posts
Awesome rig! :thumbup1gif:

Sure is handy to have the dealer just a mile away. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
The more pics I see of those 1026's,the more I like them. A good looking machine!:good2:

Thanks for sharing!

Greg

·
Registered
92 Posts
54" Blower

Chute deflector cable is ordered. Good point on the balast.

Anyone have a picture of the balast and IMatch (whatever that is) mounted on a 1026r?

Thanks,

Chris
I ordered my blower on November 4th. I was told that it will not arrive until Dec. 18th or so. They said that a PTO shaft was to blame. They had to make a new one for the 54" with the 1026R. I live in Dubuque, IA. What town did you get your blower from? Might have to travel.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts