Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having some foundation work done on our house and the yard graded. I was thinking now would be a perfect time to tell the wife I NEED some other toy for the garden tractor. Lol. That said is there any brand anyone recommends? I was looking at John Deere models of course too, but didn’t know if anyone had a off brand they liked, like agri fab, etc. I was planning on using it to spread grass seed when they are done working, and then possibly other uses later on.

·
Premium Member
10,962 Posts
I have the JD 175 lb. pull-type spreader. I rarely need to use 175 pounds of material but filling the hopper only partially full, combined with the wide tire stance on this unit makes it almost impossible to tip over. The unit is very well made and the drive gears are metal with a grease zerk.

The JD unit is made by Spyker. You can buy the black OEM version for about $100 less than the JD version.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s actually one that I was looking at on greenparts.com. I also looked at the 130Ib one I think Lowe’s sells also by John Deere.

I think green parts was selling the 175Ib for 282..

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I have a 100lb agrifab. Works well, the only issue I have had is the door is two small to feed lime.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I have the JD 175 lb. pull-type spreader. I rarely need to use 175 pounds of material but filling the hopper only partially full, combined with the wide tire stance on this unit makes it almost impossible to tip over. The unit is very well made and the drive gears are metal with a grease zerk.

The JD unit is made by Spyker. You can buy the black OEM version for about $100 less than the JD version.

That looks just like the one I have, but there is no way mine will hold 175lbs. A 50lb bag of seed will fill it to overflowing.

Dave

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Brought this home today for 45 bucks! The guy said he only used it once to seed a portion of his back yard. I kinda believe him because it looks pretty much brand new.

:bigthumb:boy that was a good buy for sure. i believe someone stated them there are $150. so yeah-u got a good.............deal:yahoo:

·
Premium Member
10,962 Posts
:bigthumb:boy that was a good buy for sure. i believe someone stated them there are $150. so yeah-u got a good.............deal:yahoo:
That exact model is $242 at Home Depot and $282 at Green Parts Store. So basically you stole it. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That exact model is $242 at Home Depot and $282 at Green Parts Store. So basically you stole it. :)
Lol I didn’t ask questions, just you want 45 for it? Deal!

I did see a John Deere dethatcher pop up on Facebook market place for 60 bucks, that it too looked pretty much brand new. Those go for over 200 also brand new. It got marked sold earlier today though. Someone got a deal

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Lol I didn’t ask questions, just you want 45 for it? Deal!

I did see a John Deere dethatcher pop up on Facebook market place for 60 bucks, that it too looked pretty much brand new. Those go for over 200 also brand new. It got marked sold earlier today though. Someone got a deal
I've been searching for both of them. Gave up on the front dethatcher search and bought a new one. Still haven't found a local used spreader. Nice find on your part!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts