Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today while searching for some other information that Tractor Data shows a John Deere 2026R and a 2036R as having been built and sold since 2016.

Does anyone know the story behind these tractors? Why are these not offered for sale in North America? Based upon the dates, the 2025r when it was released in late 2017 in North America would have been more than a full year later than these machines based upon the Tractor Data dates shown.

The 2026R appears to share the same chassis as the 2025R. The 2036R has about a 4" longer wheelbase than does the 2026R. The 3 point hitch lifting capacity of the 2036R at nearly 2,100 pounds and the FEL lifting capacity of the same machine, in that sized tractor platform, plus a road speed of nearly 16mph for getting between destination fields, work sites, etc........WOW....seems to me that would be a great selling tractor.

By the way, no mention of the 2032R series sized machine in this machine's "previous model / next model" pedigree timeline......

Is this solely an issue with the 26hp threshold and EPA? Seems these could have been "de-tuned" enough to get under the 26hp threshold and the 36hp would be what it is and equipped with the EPA crap required...........

Does anyone know more about these machines? It seems hard to believe that these haven't been offered in North America, yet have been in production for over 3 years......Also, both the 2026R and the 2036R are shown with cabs on them in the Tractordata photos on the listing page.

Here is the link to Tractor Data for each machine.......

TractorData.com John Deere 2026R tractor information

TractorData.com John Deere 2036R tractor information

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
I noticed today while searching for some other information that Tractor Data shows a John Deere 2026R and a 2036R as having been built and sold since 2016.

Does anyone know the story behind these tractors? Why are these not offered for sale in North America? Based upon the dates, the 2025r when it was released in late 2017 in North America would have been more than a full year later than these machines based upon the Tractor Data dates shown.
It's anyone's guess. JD probably has a whole room full of marketing analytical folks who decide what can, can't, will and won't get sold here. Just look at the unusual X700-series and ZTR configurations, options and accessories that seemingly would be very popular on this side of the pond but yet not available.

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
Reactions: Herminator

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
It seems hard to believe that these haven't been offered in North America, yet have been in production for over 3 years......
I don't find that hard to believe at all. Back with the 1st Generation 2-series machines you could buy the 2025R or 2032R here in North America. If you were in Europe you could buy a 2027R. The 2027R was never sold in North America.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Similar story with WoodMizer sawmills.......You can get ALL the goodies overseas and only the plain Jane generic stuff here.

Is it OSHA......I'm sure thats a part of it.

Or perhaps they don't deal with frivilous lawsuits overseas....Who knows but were getting screwed out of some nice products.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
These are just the Euro versions of the 2025R and 2038R.

The 2025 gets 0.9 HP more, either because they tune it differently because the emissions cutoff for DPF or whatever they use is higher or because it gets more power from different emissions requirements.

The 2036R is harder to figure out. It has the same HP as the 2038 by US standards but 36.6 by Euro standards, but that doesn't explain why they didn't call it the 2037R. As for why there is no 2032 version, my guess is that whatever emissions stuff increases the 2026R's HP would do the same to the 2032, making it a 2033 or 2034, which is too close to 2036 for there to be two different models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts