Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Quick question for dressing the blades. Grinder disk or flap disk? (assuming no major divots in the blade)

·
Registered
635 Posts
How do you guys use a torque wrench when you don’t use any blocks of wood?

I tried installing my blade bolts with the impact wrench on low as a test and the bolts were WAY over torqued.
Impact for removal. Torque wrench for install.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
635 Posts
In a previous life I was a mechanic for a long time. I can't say I'm anywhere close to the accuracy of a decent torque wrench by "feel", but I think I'm close enough for mower blades. :)

Yes, in a perfect world, you'd use a torque wrench for everything. I generally don't bother unless I'm working on an engine, brakes, or suspension components.

Best,
Understood, but not impact for the install. Correct?

·
Registered
635 Posts
My 1/2" air impact wrench torques up to about 80ft/lbs on the lowest setting with my compressor putting out 150psi. So yes, I'd personally use my impact gun because I know how it performs. If you don't have that level of familiarity with your tools, use a torque wrench. :)

Best,
Ok. My only impact is the 1000lb/ft Milwaukee beast. I think the low setting is 250lbs. Still not nearly as familiar with it as you are with yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.