Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am from Australia, as a lot of you probably Australian design rule (ADR as we know it) require that all FEL's are self leveling. (All legal (nanny state) arguments aside, that is an argument for another thread.)
The self leveling loader is great particularly with a set of forks, the forks always stay parallel to the ground, nothing comes of the back of the load. The bucket can also be smaller and lighter yet carry the same load because there is no requirement for a spill guard.
That brings me to 4 in 1 buckets. I do not know what I would do with out mine they are so versatile, picking things up, using it as a grader blade, scraping etc.
Most new tractors sold in my area are fitted with 4 in 1 buckets, there are 4, 1023E sitting at the local dealers all fitted with aftermarket FEL's and 4 in 1 buckets. You can order JD FEL's if you want.
When I went looking to buy my 1025R I was not interested in the JD FEL because of it's complicated self leveling systen but mainly because it didn't come with a 4 in 1 bucket.
My question is why I have yet to see a posting of a SCUT with either a 4 in 1 bucket or self leveling FEL and why arn't they popular in the U.S.?
Regards John
PS Attached is a photo of my 1025R as you can see I like to get it dirty:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
The name on the side says it all. May or may not be the same company here in the US. But the Titan here is known for poor workmanship and poorer customer service.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
The name on the side says it all. May or may not be the same company here in the US. But the Titan here is known for poor workmanship and poorer customer service.
Different company.

As for why they're not more popular over here, good question. I'm not aware of any aftermarket loaders for modern Deere SCUTs, but Europe and Australia seem to have access to all sorts of neat things we can't get like factory cabs on the small machines as well.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Yep we can't get the front 3PH like they do in the UK either.

Reactions: 5304

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Different company.

As for why they're not more popular over here, good question. I'm not aware of any aftermarket loaders for modern Deere SCUTs, but Europe and Australia seem to have access to all sorts of neat things we can't get like factory cabs on the small machines as well.
Suspension seats are also a standard item on Euro 2000 series John Deere compacts.

I also like the self leveling loaders for most things.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Different company.

Westendorf, Koyker and Woods have'em (but not self leveling for the SCUT market). I think it would be a tough market as I can honestly say I never considered them with my purchase. :unknown: No that their products are bad, just not convenient. I've seen the Westendorf products at the state fair, and they are VERY well made, perhaps better than OEM.

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
First, my utility tractors, JD 2030 and JD 6415, both have MSL loaders, JD 245 and JD 640.

I think the reason our SCUT, MCUT and LCUT tractors do not have MSL loaders is the added weight and cost for these size tractors can not be justified. If it was mandated they would have them. But since it is not, the extra weight and cost would put them at a disadvantage in this competitive market.

I am not sure why 4 in 1 bucket have not caught on here. Again maybe cost and weight. What ever they weigh extra is lost capacity.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All
A self leveling loader should not be much heavier than a standard JD loader as the bucket are much smaller and lighter for the same capacity due to not requiring the high back (spill guard). Most of the extra weight is back closer to the tractor which reduces it's effect, the Hydraulic cylinders are the same on both types so it is only the extra linkages that increase the weight. The bucket on my loader is quite a bit heavier than a standard bucket because it is a 4 in 1, and thus smaller and has less capacity due to it's greater weight. I could buy a standard bucket of greater capacity, but why, I am retired and the only difference is the time it takes to do a job, not a problem, cannot justify the cost. I understand from reading threads on this site that self leveling loaders are an option on JD's larger tractors in the U.S., I know all the large tractors here are sold with JD OE self leveling loaders.
And you are right we do have quite a few JD's fitted with front PTO's and TPH. I have seen them with slasher type mowers out the front. I saw one large tractor fitted with a large wide mower out the front which directed it's discharge between the tractor wheels. It was towing a very large self loading trailer with a pickup that had a width just greater than the distance between the wheels of the tractor. This set up is much bigger and more maneuverable than the old system where the mower is between the tractor and trailer.
Regards John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts