Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions for anyone that has both the 54" blade with the angling kit and either the 54" or 47" snow blower on a 1 series tractor...

Do you leave the angling kit installed on the quick hitch when you take the blade off and attach the blower? That would mean there are 6 hydraulic hoses to deal with. Do I just run all 6 back through the hose holders, use the 4 that I need, and leave the other two hanging? Do I put the pin back in the quick hitch so it can't pivot? or will the disconnected hydraulic cylinder be enough?

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
You should put the pin into the Quick Hitch to lock the swing and maintain alignment when using the blower. I'd hate to see what would happen to the short, front implement driveshaft if the blower swung due to side-loading while in operation.

Pull the pin and swap the hoses when you changeover to the blade.:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
When I had a snow blower, I also had a blade. Yes I left the angle kit on all the time. You need to put the locking pin in when using the blower. As for the hoses, yes you have six hoses running back to the outlets.

I ran the hoses for the lift & blade angle through the hose holders. When I used the blower, I did not put the blower hoses in the hose holders. I I just ran them along the other hoses & then used short pieces coated 12ga copper to tie the blower hoses to the other hoses. The last couple of years that I had the blower, I used velcro tie straps to tie the hoses together.

Just remember to use the locking pin when using the blower & remove it before hooking up the blade angle hoses.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
As others have said, definitely put the angle locking pin in when using the blower. Concerning the angle cylinder hoses when you have the snow blower attached, I just coil these hoses up and use a short bungee strap and strap them to the grill guard. You may be able to get all six in the hose holders but they will be pretty tight.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Do as the others have said and you will be fine. Make sure the lines not being used don't drop down to the ground . That happened to me the other year, thankfully a friend seen the lines hanging down and he stopped me. Guessing he saved me a $100 .:bigthumb:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I knew you guys would have the answers!!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
This thread did not show the final solution, which has actually worked quite well, although it was way too much research and work to get it there. I would still recommend the diverter solution, but here is the project completed with the open/close valves: POST HERE

Thanks for remembering this, Kenny.

Keane

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Thank you Keane, I thought there was a part 2 to the story but I couldn't find it, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was just think about how to deal with the hoses better as I was getting the tractor ready for our first snow storm. Good info .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts