Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a customer of GFP and they are a very good to do business with. They process your order quickly and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I LOVE the frequent sales and specials. But here is my one small issue, the order really needs to contain a packing slip. My last order had two substituted parts (Deere's part number change) and one on backorder. It would have been really nice to know just from a packing slip that is what was done. It would have really saved me a couple of phone calls and the time wasted not knowing the situation. Granted in the end I did find out all the details, I am just saying that would be nice to know without the extra hassle. Maybe a little something to improve upon GFP. :thumbup1gif:

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I am a customer of GFP and they are a very good to do business with. They process your order quickly and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I LOVE the frequent sales and specials. But here is my one small issue, the order really needs to contain a packing slip. My last order had two substituted parts (Deere's part number change) and one on backorder. It would have been really nice to know just from a packing slip that is what was done. It would have really saved me a couple of phone calls and the time wasted not knowing the situation. Granted in the end I did find out all the details, I am just saying that would be nice to know without the extra hassle. Maybe a little something to improve upon GFP. :thumbup1gif:

Keep up the good work.
Something for Grind my Gears????:bigthumb::bigbeer:

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Thanks for the note. We used to include a packing slip, but went away from packing slips about a year ago in order to reduce paper waste. That is why we encourage everyone to place their order online so they have an invoice copy which doubles as a packing list.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the note. We used to include a packing slip, but went away from packing slips about a year ago in order to reduce paper waste. That is why we encourage everyone to place their order online so they have an invoice copy which doubles as a packing list.
That is OK too, but your confirmation e-mail still does not list part number substitutions or back orders. Hence my confusion and waste of time. Now, it may just be me but, I don't see any paper savings as now I am printing the e-mail. :unknown:

·
Registered
181 Posts
... confirmation e-mail still does not list part number substitutions or back orders.
It might also be worth pointing out that checking status of my order on the site doesn't actually communicate this, either. At least, I was confused to have not received the manuals I ordered with the rest of my shipment: my account said everything was shipped. An email quickly answered that they would be shipped separately and I should expect them in a few weeks (and they arrived just as expected), but it was confusing that the account/order info didn't seem to communicate any of that.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
That is OK too, but your confirmation e-mail still does not list part number substitutions or back orders. Hence my confusion and waste of time. Now, it may just be me but, I don't see any paper savings as now I am printing the e-mail. :unknown:
Unfortunately, with thousands of substitution part numbers, it is impossible to keep these all current as a new list comes from Deere every month. While most of these parts come with a price increase (some very dramatic), we honor the original price for the 'old' part number. If something is completely out of whack and the new list is below the old cost, we will contact you to see how you wish to proceed. I guess we thought the 5% GTT discount would more than make up for a piece of paper that has to be printed at home?? We appreciate the feedback!

·
Vendor
468 Posts
It might also be worth pointing out that checking status of my order on the site doesn't actually communicate this, either. At least, I was confused to have not received the manuals I ordered with the rest of my shipment: my account said everything was shipped. An email quickly answered that they would be shipped separately and I should expect them in a few weeks (and they arrived just as expected), but it was confusing that the account/order info didn't seem to communicate any of that.
Thanks for the feedback. Our site states that manuals typically take 2-3 weeks to ship: John Deere Manuals and Parts Catalog at Discount Prices

Each listing should also state the same under the free shipping icon: John Deere Electronic Document TM107119CD

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, with thousands of substitution part numbers, it is impossible to keep these all current as a new list comes from Deere every month. While most of these parts come with a price increase (some very dramatic), we honor the original price for the 'old' part number. If something is completely out of whack and the new list is below the old cost, we will contact you to see how you wish to proceed. I guess we thought the 5% GTT discount would more than make up for a piece of paper that has to be printed at home?? We appreciate the feedback!
Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate your discount to the GTT members. And the shipping label thing I can live with.

What you are telling me is that you know the substitute part number and it is not practical from a business stand point to list it on my e-mail invoice?

But, understand my point of view. I receive an order, items are backordered, items are substituted, and now it is up to me to call you and find out that something is backordered or just missed. And, it is up to me to either call you to fine out that something was substituted or you filled the order improperly or I need to log on to JDParts and find out it was substituted if I am get lucky. I have found that the substitutes are listed in all places on the site. I really prefer buying from you for the convenience and savings. I am just struggling over this very important detail. My last order contained a dozen different line items that I had to sort through and this really adds to the confusion. I wouldn't even have to bother your fine staff if the information was on the e-mail invoice. Sorry for the rant, I feel better now. Keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Our site states that manuals typically take 2-3 weeks to ship: John Deere Manuals and Parts Catalog at Discount Prices

Each listing should also state the same under the free shipping icon: John Deere Electronic Document TM107119CD

I don't think those portions of the site site is what is causing the confusion. I had this discussion with you folks back 6 or 8 months ago when I placed and order that included a manual as well. I got my package and the manual wasn't in it.

The confusion comes from looking at your order status and seeing that an entire order is listed as "Shipped" when only part of it is actually shipped. Back when I called and questioned this, your reps told me that your system doesn't have a "partial shipment" option as many other sites have.

Pretty much everywhere else I shop online, if an order is split, you get "Item A shipped, Item B is pending". That's what confuses people. They see "Shipped" and assume it means the entire thing shipped.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't think those portions of the site site is what is causing the confusion. I had this discussion with you folks back 6 or 8 months ago when I placed and order that included a manual as well. I got my package and the manual wasn't in it.

The confusion comes from looking at your order status and seeing that an entire order is listed as "Shipped" when only part of it is actually shipped. Back when I called and questioned this, your reps told me that your system doesn't have a "partial shipment" option as many other sites have.

Pretty much everywhere else I shop online, if an order is split, you get "Item A shipped, Item B is pending". That's what confuses people. They see "Shipped" and assume it means the entire thing shipped.
Yep, JimR's got the process I experienced just a few weeks ago exactly right. I understood that the manual was expected to ship in 2-3 weeks when I ordered it, however I would expect my order status to be a more precise description of my order -- when it said "shipped" I assumed that GFP must have received a shipment of manuals and were able to include one with my order.

My apologies to RandyM for highjacking his thread, but I see both of our problems as similar, in communication of order status/shipment information.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
All good feedback, that's for sure! We are constantly working on improving the site and its features. We are limited to some features by the shopping cart and shipping software that we use but are always looking for ways to improve. We regularly send feedback to our shopping cart provider and shipping software provider about features that we and our customers would like to see, but their priorities are based on the numbers of users (like us) who use their products and make similar suggestions.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
So now you're wasting paper. :munch::lol:

·
Premium Member
14,734 Posts
All good feedback, that's for sure! We are constantly working on improving the site and its features. We are limited to some features by the shopping cart and shipping software that we use but are always looking for ways to improve. We regularly send feedback to our shopping cart provider and shipping software provider about features that we and our customers would like to see, but their priorities are based on the numbers of users (like us) who use their products and make similar suggestions.
Seems if other companies are providing this feedback Randy and others have ask for, maybe its time to to check on another shopping cart provider and shipping software provider. Just saying I know it isn't a quick, easy or cheap , finding good help is hard at times. Companies tend to lean toward profits instead of the customer needs. Not saying yours is doing this . In this day and age finding companies willing to go that extra 1/4" step is the difference of staying in business . Wouldn't the info Randy and others are asking for help your end of the business or is just #'s to your company. Knowing if your customer did or didn't received their order , the # of days till shipment ,should be just as important to your company as it is to US as your customer. Been several years since I ordered from your company and I can't remember what paper work came ,or didn't come. Just remember everything came when promised.

Sounds like your company is trying.!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts