Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being old and fat it is a struggle to hop onto and off the 1025R repeatedly. And, after the cab was installed, it became even more difficult with added height.

Here is a step designed and fabricated by a young local welder. It is a perfect size and the positioning is just right for the way I mount the tractor. I can now get a good steady foot up even wearing big clunky winter boots.

P1000804.jpg

P1000802.JPG

P1000805.JPG

P1000809.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
That looks great. I could use something like it. I'll show the picture to a friend who has that talent. I could never fit in that cab. From one fat old man to another that step is awesome!!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,906 Posts
Very nice and a heavy duty step .:bigthumb:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is one serious looking step. Looks like they did a good job on it. :bigbeer:
It had to be serious to support my 285 lbs. The young welder did an outstanding job that exceeded my expectations quite a bit.

That looks great. I could use something like it. I'll show the picture to a friend who has that talent. I could never fit in that cab. From one fat old man to another that step is awesome!!!:thumbup1gif:
I really enjoy my tractor and doing work with the implements. Now, I can do more jobs that require jumping on and off frequently. It really is a major upgrade for someone in my condition.

Heavy Duty, for sure. :thumbup1gif:
It is rock steady and will no doubt support whatever is placed on it. I am very confident upon mounting the tractor cab now.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
That looks good. It appears to be a nice safe step!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks good. It appears to be a nice safe step!!
It was designed to be safe. My fabricator guy took a lot of measurements including where my foot would be when climbing in to the cab. It feels strong and steady and large enough to provide a non-slip firm platform. I no longer worry about straining my muscles (or my heart) when climbing in. It has been a big boost (pun intended) in being able to enjoy the tractor more. With the coming winter (we're waiting for snow to come tonight as I write this) I'll feel much safer with the step.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
fish bait--that is a nice heavy step, indeed. the kind that is needed to hoist me up and over:laugh:

now can ur MMM be used with the step, or are u going to take it off for the summertime?

the onlt time my step hit the MMM was if i got on a steep hill, so i adapted to how i mowed after that. the step was well worth the trade off, IMO. for me. my step also is out farther away, so that ur foot, is easier to step onto the step. good job.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am with you on the step as we get older I would like to think we get smarter (one old guy to another old guy). My step does not look as well built as yours but it works great and I can use it with the MMM.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now can ur MMM be used with the step, or are u going to take it off for the summertime?
I have an X300 that I use to cut my small lawn so I do not use the mmm. However, I do believe the deck will fit with the step but that was not a high priority during design. If need be, the step is bolted on and can be easily removed. I don't ever anticipate the need to remove it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am with you on the step as we get older I would like to think we get smarter (one old guy to another old guy). My step does not look as well built as yours but it works great and I can use it with the MMM.

Doug
Very nice, Doug. Does the job, non-slip, easily removed. Well done!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Being old and fat it is a struggle to hop onto and off the 1025R repeatedly. And, after the cab was installed, it became even more difficult with added height.

Here is a step designed and fabricated by a young local welder. It is a perfect size and the positioning is just right for the way I mount the tractor. I can now get a good steady foot up even wearing big clunky winter boots.

View attachment 268377

View attachment 268385

View attachment 268393

View attachment 268409
Nice step. I need to add one to my new Tektite. Is it bolted only to the cab through the steel channel (I count three bolts) or is it also welded to the underneath of the cab?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was given an old Cozy Cab for a square fendered Cub Cadet that I will have to modify (increase the width, rear window projection into ROPS, and re-hinge the doors) to fit my 2520. To be able to enter and exit the modified cab and make getting on the tractor easier, I decided I would need a step that I could stand on and maneuver around on at the same time. This is the result.
1S.jpg

2S.jpg

3S.jpg

4S.jpg

5S.jpg

6S.jpg

·
Registered
2,856 Posts

Doug
My only concern would be hitting something from the side. Is there no way it can be further recessed, to stay in line with the rear tire? Or would that interfere with the MMM?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Registered
117 Posts
I welded mine onto my Tektite Cab

Step from 3000 Series

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts