Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy people. You ever just have some time to kill and you start clicking on Youtube.....and before you know it you are out in left field, not even remembering where you started when it comes to watching something?

Well, here I was, just watching some videos from Tim, and a host of other 1025 users....and I was watching this guy who was using the toothbar, and it got me thinking.

Why hasnt anyone made a bucket-like attachment for going down 12 inches or so, but one thats like the backhoe bucket?

Personally, I love the Mauser cab and would get that as a trade off versus the backhoe (unless they finally make it where you can have both)

Why cant a simply bucket be made that either attaches to the existing bucket like the toothbar does, or perhaps the front heavy hitch / Artillian frames?

It certainly wouldnt have the full range of the backhoe, naturally, but Im sure it would be more than good enough to do a simple trench.

Thoughts anyone? I wish I was a welder because Im sure I could come up with something but sadly, Im a mechanic so, nuts & bolts are all I do. :mocking:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys just ruined my retirement plans.... I was hoping to live large with the royalties. LOL

Oh well, so much for my better mouse trap.

But yes, I was thinking of the 1st one but, where it would go down below the frame, whereas the Artillian one seems to be even with the frame. But again, there go my dreams. :banghead:

·
Registered
913 Posts
You guys just ruined my retirement plans.... I was hoping to live large with the royalties. LOL

I'll bet everyone has one of these stories about an invention that turned out to be already thought of.

Mine was a vibrating manure fork to muck out horse stalls. Just let the vibration separate the stall bedding from the piles of manure. But, I found it already was on the market. Now I own one.
mucker.jpg

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll bet everyone has one of these stories about an invention that turned out to be already thought of.

Mine was a vibrating manure fork to muck out horse stalls.
View attachment 645042
That was another of my inventions I was gonna bring up next. Now you've really done it, Im gonna have to work till Im 90 now.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

But yes, I was thinking of the 1st one but, where it would go down below the frame, whereas the Artillian one seems to be even with the frame. But again, there go my dreams. :banghead:
I own an Artillian Hoe bucket and it works quite well for what I use it for. I use it to remove stumps and dig small holes for planting stuff for the wife. It is rather cumbersome to use it as a poor man's back hoe because the FEL can't move left/right so it's a PIA to dig a trench with this implement. It can be done but bring a snicker's bar and a bucket of patience because it will take some time. If I need a trench, I rent a ditch witch.

While it is great for stumps, it is not as good a true root spade. Those tend to do the job faster and are a little bit more robust, at least my neighbor's is. One of those is probably what you are looking for. They can be very heavy and pricey so if you want a root spade for a SCUT, I would pass.

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
I own an Artillian Hoe bucket and it works quite well for what I use it for. I use it to remove stumps and dig small holes for planting stuff for the wife. It is rather cumbersome to use it as a poor man's back hoe because the FEL can't move left/right so it's a PIA to dig a trench with this implement. It can be done but bring a snicker's bar and a bucket of patience because it will take some time. If I need a trench, I rent a ditch witch.

While it is great for stumps, it is not as good a true root spade. Those tend to do the job faster and are a little bit more robust, at least my neighbor's is. One of those is probably what you are looking for. They can be very heavy and pricey so if you want a root spade for a SCUT, I would pass.
When I read what you wrote, I remembered this thread: https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/artillian-tractor/169226-got-some-use-out-artillian-front-hoe.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts