Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ironic, isn't it, how you need forks to unload the forks?:lol:

so, we load the pallet from the fedex semi into the bucket, drive it back to the barn and assemble it.

here is how it came...
IMG_20160321_141045819[1].jpg

it was packaged OK, a 2 out of 5 stars on that simply because it had some paint missing from were the strapping was as well as a big scratch from a nail on the pallet. is was strapped on with steel strapping.

so, i cut the strapping and set the frame on the QA. my first thought was ' darn, that pin is to far out to the left':banghead: but, as luck would have it, the entire thing was to far to the left. i pushed it over, and boom, it fit perfectly!

IMG_20160321_173417675[1].jpg

the fit i would rank 5/5 stars.

then, added tines;

IMG_20160321_173737773[1].jpg

IMG_20160321_173747338_HDR[1].jpg
again, great fit. they do need the slide rails greased, however.

i also added the optional bale spear kit for 65 bucks;

IMG_20160321_174910086[1].jpg
so far, 5/5 on that as well.

the first thing i did was fork the bucket;

IMG_20160321_175525335[1].jpg

overall, im very pleased. i would rate a 4/5 stars, only because the packing was not as good as i would have liked so that paint was damaged (that could be fixed by simply placing a piece of cardboard over everything and then strapping down), and the overall fit and finish was not exactly perfect (there were a couple spots were the paint dripped and ran down the metal).

btw, these are titan 48" 3000 pound forks with the optional bale spear. they look really good, and i am very happy with them so far.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Bale spear huh.

Needed something besides the forks to poke through the shop wall? :lolol:

I'm still getting used to having something sharp sticking another two feet out front that I am not used to having.

Something is bound to get forked.....:banghead:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bale spear huh.

Needed something besides the forks to poke through the shop wall? :lolol:

I'm still getting used to having something sharp sticking another two feet out front that I am not used to having.

Something is bound to get forked.....:banghead:
well you see i have some big fat green grassy things that need poked...:lolol:

·
Premium Member
15,066 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
I'm glad u like them, a set of forks is just nice to have around.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one thing i forgot to mention is the weight. it weighs 300+ pounds, with the frame at 190 by itself. but, the frame doesnt 'feel' like it weighs 200 pounds, more like 100.:unknown:

i havent really got a chance to use them yet, but when i do, i will definitely try to get pics!:good2:

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
one thing i forgot to mention is the weight. it weighs 300+ pounds, with the frame at 190 by itself. but, the frame doesnt 'feel' like it weighs 200 pounds, more like 100.:unknown:

i havent really got a chance to use them yet, but when i do, i will definitely try to get pics!:good2:
With the capacity of your tractor / FEL, I doubt your machine will notice the difference either.

Those "green grassy things" might make it grunt a little bit. :lol:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rtgt,

last year i borrowed my neighbor's front spear to move some green grassy things from his place to mine. i was doing one bale on the back and one on the front. the tractor didnt even break a sweat!:yahoo: of course, i have to make sure there is plenty of rear ballast.:good2:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i got some play time!!!

first, i used the forks to help with getting rid on a bunch of book-shelves and general crap out of a section (room) of the barn. i just layed the water-damaged shelves across the forks and then put the junk in the bookcase. i could then just dump the whole thing into a roll-off. nice!!!:bigthumb:

the next thing i did was un-load a 2000 pound pallet of feed out of a pickup truck. the forks did just awesome!!! but, i need more ballast. i used a round bale on the back, but the front tires were still squished. also, the loaded could barely lift the pallet out of the back of the truck-even when it was out i couldnt roll it back. so, ballast box with extension or dual-rack heavy hitch with 8 weight 2" bracket?

·
Registered
481 Posts
They look handy.
Mine were supposed to be delivered yesterday but the FedEx tracking shows a "weather delay" in Kansas City.
They've been sitting there since Wednesday.:nunu:

·
Registered
332 Posts
well, i got some play time!!!

first, i used the forks to help with getting rid on a bunch of book-shelves and general crap out of a section (room) of the barn. i just layed the water-damaged shelves across the forks and then put the junk in the bookcase. i could then just dump the whole thing into a roll-off. nice!!!:bigthumb:

the next thing i did was un-load a 2000 pound pallet of feed out of a pickup truck. the forks did just awesome!!! but, i need more ballast. i used a round bale on the back, but the front tires were still squished. also, the loaded could barely lift the pallet out of the back of the truck-even when it was out i couldnt roll it back. so, ballast box with extension or dual-rack heavy hitch with 8 weight 2" bracket?
Sounds like you might need all that AND fluid in your tires or wheel weights!

·
Registered
583 Posts
They look handy.
Mine were supposed to be delivered yesterday but the FedEx tracking shows a "weather delay" in Kansas City.
They've been sitting there since Wednesday.:nunu:
They are probably being put to good use.:lol: "weather related issues":mocking:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like you might need all that AND fluid in your tires or wheel weights!
yeah i would do weights because there is to much sharp stuff (rocks, stray nails, sharp sticks) around here. i would probably do 240 lbs. on the wheels with something on the back.

can you add the 2" receiver bracket to a dual-level heavy hitch?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts