Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day today. Went along with my FIL to visit one of his friends. He had a whole fleet of two cylinder green tractors.

The B

The D

The LA.

The 50

The 60

The 70

The 730

And the beast. And 830

I was offered the 60 for $1000.00. But it missing the carb and distributor. Probably a good deal. Though. Have to look into what the missing pieces will cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
J3driver--looks like the 60 might need a rim from the looks of it. carbs are not cheap either. have no idea what a distributor might cost-oh

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Pretty cool collection! I'm surprised Levi was allowed in the proximity of that many old Deere's wearing his IH shirt! :laugh:

Impressive how well trimmed the grass is around the tires of those tractors. Are they all operable and he moves them for mowing? I have a heck of a time trying to keep the grass trimmed around my old lawn ornament Cub.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
As far as I know all run but the 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I would snap that sucker up right away even if I just used it for parts on a future project. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
What a nice D. The one would cause me quite an internal struggle. Almost too good of condition to paint.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Good day today. Went along with my FIL to visit one of his friends. He had a whole fleet of two cylinder green tractors.

The D
All that green and then there is your son in a RED T shirt. :lolol:

Maybe this was an attempt at an intervention. :dunno:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Private collection. My friend is 87 and only five years ago he had 160 tractors, mostly two cylinder JDs. He is down to 60 today. I was able to buy from him a 420 crawler, 420U, 1945 BR, 1944 BO and 1973 CAST. I get to spend 10 to 15 hours a week in his barn just maintaining the remaining tractors. Some would call it work, I call it relaxing. I'm going over today to get a 620 LP Orchard, the first 620 LP Orchard made loaded on a trailer to go get it refueled. I will have to winch as it is completely out of fuel. Really looking forward to hear it come to life after many years of sitting idle. I'll take some pictures of the process. He's always joking that it should only take "20 minutes" which usually ends up multiple hours.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We decided it was easier just to pull it a couple of miles to the local Ace Hardware to fill the lp tank. Pulled it with a 2355. Filled the tank, it turned over three time and started. Drove it home. I'm getting it ready for the South Haven Michigan Flywheelers show the second weekend in September. I just have to reinstall the drivers shield or fairing and it's ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an orchard, I need an orchard tractor

Oh, my, I like that Orchard tractor..

Just sayin!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
OH no....I should not have found this thread........Mama's not gonna like my new additcion.....​shhh

·
Registered
86 Posts
TheDuke,
My friend has an AO orchard, two 620 orchards, a 60 orchard, a couple of BOs orchards and a 2020 orchard. All are for sale.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Trebor,

i have a very ugly 60 orchard hahah

i WOULD however, like to have that 70 at my house.....hint hint - get a price on that?? lol

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Trebor, may I ask how much you paid for the BR and what kind of shape it's in? It would help me gauge the market for the one my uncle has I'd like to buy...

If it's none of my business, I completely understand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts