Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm curious what they ordered you for a powershaft shield on your 205? I just looked it up and what I am coming up with is obsolete and no longer available.
He didn't order one for an integral did he? I'm pretty sure thats going to be too short.

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
I'm curious what they ordered you for a powershaft shield on your 205? I just looked it up and what I am coming up with is obsolete and no longer available.
He didn't order one for an integral did he? I'm pretty sure thats going to be too short.
I'm still unsure which size PTO we're dealing with (1-1/8 or 1-3/8) but for the 1-1/8 I see there is a substitution...

Front Section
---------------

Part Number:
AW27599
W16923
Qty.
Description
Powershaft Shield - POWERSHAFT SHIELD W/BEARINGS
PTO Shield Retainer - COJINETE DE NAYLON
Replaces Part:AW10170
Description:Powershaft Shield - POWERSHAFT SHIELD

Rear Section
--------------

Part Number:
AW27600
W16923
Qty.
Description
Replaces Part:AW10171

There appears to be a substitution for the 1-3/8 shaft as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm still unsure which size PTO we're dealing with (1-1/8 or 1-3/8) but for the 1-1/8 I see there is a substitution...

Front Section
---------------

Part Number:
AW27599
W16923
Qty.
Description
Replaces Part:AW10170

Rear Section
--------------

Part Number:
AW27600
W16923
Qty.
Description
Replaces Part:AW10171

There appears to be a substitution for the 1-3/8 shaft as well.
I think you are looking at "Integral Hitch" or 3 point. He has a Pull type that just hooks up to the drawbar. On pull type the shields are the same whether its 540/1000. And they're obsolete.

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
I think you are looking at "Integral Hitch" or 3 point. He has a Pull type that just hooks up to the drawbar. On pull type the shields are the same whether its 540/1000. And they're obsolete.
Yep!!! Good catch!! That's exactly what I did. The pull-type says there is a substitution but it comes up as obsolete.

:banghead:

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Yep!!! Good catch!! That's exactly what I did. The pull-type says there is a substitution but it comes up as obsolete.

:banghead:
:dunno:I don''t know where ur seeing they are no longer able to order any. i measured the front square shaft its a hair under 1 inch and a eighth. the rear shaft which would be the female one does measure 1 inch and 3?8th.

now i did make a mistake on last number of serial number--its KO2050035254--but....it still won't come up in the parts catalog.

so tomorrow i will be calling the parts fella who is the manager or the other older parts guy to ask some questions, about the serial #

yrs ago i was told i could no longer order a rad for the model 50--it was a 4 core that was in it. i used a jd dealer closer to where i was working at back then, that place could only get me a 3 core rad, said oh it will find not like ur plowing or harrowing on a day to day basis-- got the new rad and had it here waiting on time to fix it.

happened to be over to this jd dealer for something on a Monday--and asked this fella about whether he could still get me a 4 core rad for my 50. took him a bit-but he said yelp--he ordered it and i brought it home about a week later then. pretty salty back then.

took the 3 core back to other place--the owner heard me and the parts fella arguing and came out to ask what was wrong-so i told him-how their dealership couldn't find my original replacement and how the parts guy got me a 4 core from the same outfit out west. showed him my slip--part number--he turned to parts fella-and said refund the man his money- boy was he mad then.

later i was back up to get something thru the week-that fella would never wait on me after that. the owner talked fine to me-oh:laugh:
funny how some fellas just has the knack of finding parts easier than others.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok so my wife is working late and I don't have a life so I did a little more research on this.
On Deere's site they show obsolete. In Parts Advisor there are a few options on shafts for different types of cutters and PTO. You have a pull type which only has one option for the shields, AW14844 and AW14845 neither of which are available anymore.

Now, if you were at MY parts counter you would have left with a complete new aftermarket shaft for about $200.
From what I came up with the front yoke of your shaft is 1 3/8" 6 spline PTO which is standard. I am 99% sure the rear yoke is 1 3/8" round with a 3/8" keyway which isn't super common but you can get it.
Not sure on the length but you can always cut them down.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok so my wife is working late and I don't have a life so I did a little more research on this.
On Deere's site they show obsolete. In Parts Advisor there are a few options on shafts for different types of cutters and PTO. You have a pull type which only has one option for the shields, AW14844 and AW14845 neither of which are available anymore.

Now, if you were at MY parts counter you would have left with a complete new aftermarket shaft for about $200.
From what I came up with the front yoke of your shaft is 1 3/8" 6 spline PTO which is standard. I am 99% sure the rear yoke is 1 3/8" round with a 3/8" keyway which isn't super common but you can get it.
Not sure on the length but you can always cut them down.
i've been up now for several hrs studying the eurocardan cover that was on my lx4 ft brush hog-3pt. why in the world did JD use them, lots and lots of parts in em. hard to understand how to take em apart, but i did find one very good video and a write up on how to disassemble them. so i'm armed now-but i do think i might just change it over to a Weaser or a Bareco. brand-man those are so easy to take loose to grease u-joints.

my parts fella said nothing yesterday about the shields being no longer available:dunno::banghead: i just should of waited on who i really wanted to look my parts up-yesterday--but a few of the fellas have gotten half bent out of shape when i did that before-so i thought i would give this fella shot--oh well lesson learned :munch:

gonna be the first one to talk to them today.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All you have to do is say you're waiting because you've already been talking to whoever about these parts and they have the info. Thats what I do if I want to talk to a specific parts person.
Let us know what you find out today. I'm curious. I'm guessing they ordered shields for an integral.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ok-called the parts counter this AM-well on Friday--and he got on parts page that DRobinson had linked for me. i told him what pic my bush hog looked like and we started going thru the different pages.

sevral things i learned then-

1) the inch and 1/8 driveshaft--is the size of driveshaft of tractor's pto shaft--our old 1938 must of had a inch and 8th cause it was too small back when i was a kid to work with my paps baler-we needed a adapter back then if we would of wanted to use my dad's B.
2) both of my shields are still available to buy:yahoo:eek:nes 69 bucks the other is almost 90 bucks--guessing the female is the higher price:mocking:
3) the pre-1970 that i saw is decided by how many of them little tabs u need in the drive line bell--mine has 3 so its after 1970 i think:think: i would have to look again to be positive for sure--am thinking its gonna be a real pain to insert them into the new bell.
4)my LX4-did have a uro-caradan plastic drive-line back when i bought it in 07-so i just had him order me a new one--complete--lot of money for it-i thought--over 200 bucks and change--told him he needed to start stocking after market ones---told him about how i saw how easy the weasler ones and a company called Bare co.-they have way less parts in theirs then the uro-cardan ones for sure.

5) and why in the world can Frontier sell their plastic covers for only 57 bucks-and i swear it kinda resembles my lx4 drive line:dunno:but it takes almost a month for it to arrive.

6) and yeah my serial number would not work for him either-but all the parts for my 205 pull behind brush hog is available ot buy. so yeah a almost 40 yr old implement is still available from JD:thumbup1gif:after i get it all replaced thinking of then replacing the knives on it--bet it would cut a lot better-but........it shows 3 different ones for it:laugh:

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
ok-called the parts counter this AM-well on Friday--and he got on parts page that DRobinson had linked for me. i told him what pic my bush hog looked like and we started going thru the different pages.

sevral things i learned then-

1) the inch and 1/8 driveshaft--is the size of driveshaft of tractor's pto shaft--our old 1938 must of had a inch and 8th cause it was too small back when i was a kid to work with my paps baler-we needed a adapter back then if we would of wanted to use my dad's B.
2) both of my shields are still available to buy:yahoo:eek:nes 69 bucks the other is almost 90 bucks--guessing the female is the higher price:mocking:
3) the pre-1970 that i saw is decided by how many of them little tabs u need in the drive line bell--mine has 3 so its after 1970 i think:think: i would have to look again to be positive for sure--am thinking its gonna be a real pain to insert them into the new bell.
4)my LX4-did have a uro-caradan plastic drive-line back when i bought it in 07-so i just had him order me a new one--complete--lot of money for it-i thought--over 200 bucks and change--told him he needed to start stocking after market ones---told him about how i saw how easy the weasler ones and a company called Bare co.-they have way less parts in theirs then the uro-cardan ones for sure.
5) and why in the world can Frontier sell their plastic covers for only 57 bucks-and i swear it kinda resembles my lx4 drive line:dunno:but it takes almost a month for it to arrive.

6) and yeah my serial number would not work for him either-but all the parts for my 205 pull behind brush hog is available ot buy. so yeah a almost 40 yr old implement is still available from JD:thumbup1gif:after i get it all replaced thinking of then replacing the knives on it--bet it would cut a lot better-but........it shows 3 different ones for it:laugh:
Jim: That's what I was saying in this post on 13 JUN 19.

"Jim, I believe that the 1 3/8 reference in jgayman's post is the PTO shaft on the tractor. Don't forget to take the serial number of the mower with you when you go to the dealer.

If that is a 205 Gyramor, I think it would have had metal shields on it originally."

21 - 30 of 30 Posts