Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I've been lurking around here for a few years now. Mostly reading and gathering information about a tractor that I dreamed of someday owning. I found this place through a search on disabling the RIO on my LA145, and have been watching in the shadows ever since.

I plan on signing the papers for a 1025R this afternoon, including H120, 53" bucket, 60" Autoconnect deck, and ballast box. Price came to about $16,200 plus tax.

The serial number is in the 211,5xx range, does anyone know if this is before or after they started using the new SCV valves? My dealer (well the salesman) was completely clueless when I mentioned the droopy bucket problem. I told him the DTAC number, and he said "None of the tractors on the lot have an open DTAC". Great, but not really what I wanted to hear.

I have about 3/4 acre, so (as my wife put it) I will look ridiculous mowing the lawn! My family also has a 40-acre apple orchard that we plan to trailer the tractor to and from to help out with projects there.

Speaking of trailering: I see that the manual says that the 1025 should be put on the trailer backwards? Does anyone actually do this?

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and appreciate any last minute advice anyone can give me before I go in to sign the papers.

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
:wgtt:

Congrats on the new tractor! :yahoo::dance:

I'm not aware of when, or if they've published when the new SCV was being used on the assembly line. I wouldn't worry about it though. You can test it and if it has it, get it replaced under warranty. Heck, you could do it before you signed the papers if it has the loader installed. :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
First off, welcome to GTT mr_penguin.

As with many of our wives (with mine anyway), if I were to look ridiculous mowing the lawn with the tractor it stands to reason so will they. Many wives take over a large part of tractor usage once they have the opportunity. The real trick is to agree with your wife so that YOU can actually use the tractor.:lol:

I always had to load our JD 650 on backwards when the tractor had the FEL and BH on. The trailer would like to whip around (too much weight too far back, not enough tongue weight) if I loaded front first. A FEL takes up a lot of space on a trailer and has hardly any weight to it.
Good luck with your new tractor.:good2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not aware of when, or if they've published when the new SCV was being used on the assembly line. I wouldn't worry about it though. You can test it and if it has it, get it replaced under warranty. Heck, you could do it before you signed the papers if it has the loader installed. :good2:
I wish the loader was already setup, but not yet. The salesman claims that he has sold 22 of these since the beginning of April. I guess the current promotion *is* pretty good.

As with many of our wives (with mine anyway), if I were to look ridiculous mowing the lawn with the tractor it stands to reason so will they. Many wives take over a large part of tractor usage once they have the opportunity. The real trick is to agree with your wife so that YOU can actually use the tractor.:lol:

I always had to load our JD 650 on backwards when the tractor had the FEL and BH on. The trailer would like to whip around (too much weight too far back, not enough tongue weight) if I loaded front first. A FEL takes up a lot of space on a trailer and has hardly any weight to it.
Good luck with your new tractor.:good2:
Oh, I'm well aware that my wife is going to end up with more seat time than me. I think there was something to that effect in the vows.

I have a 17' dual axle trailer, so I'm fairly confident that I can get the weight distributed evenly (also don't have the BH). The manual says something about hood damage if you trailer it forward!?! Maybe plastic *wasn't* a great idea for hood material. It sounds a little overly cautious to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wish the loader was already setup, but not yet. The salesman claims that he has sold 22 of these since the beginning of April. I guess the current promotion *is* pretty good.

Oh, I'm well aware that my wife is going to end up with more seat time than me. I think there was something to that effect in the vows.

I have a 17' dual axle trailer, so I'm fairly confident that I can get the weight distributed evenly (also don't have the BH). The manual says something about hood damage if you trailer it forward!?! Maybe plastic *wasn't* a great idea for hood material. It sounds a little overly cautious to me.
I have a 16' that I tow mine with the backhoe and its tight, but w/o the hoe its easy to put the weight as far forward as I need for tongue weight.

I think they are referring to the hood latch strength, as to why not tow forward.

My manual says not to, also, but I tow forward...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts

I think you may be correct with the vows now that I think about it, that was a long time ago for me.:lol:
I think you'll be just fine with the 17' trailer you plan to use.
Post up some pictures of the new tractor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought a tractor also (1025r Filb) and have the same trailer you do. The dealer loaded it forward but I told him where to stop it at. Pulled 400 miles fine except for the discharge chute on mower it flopped around the whole way. Didn't hurt nothing but it was annoying. The manual for my tractor just showed up in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. I am lucky my wife likes to use our tractor...Been laid up for a few days and somebody forgot to tell the grass to stop growing...

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia and congrats on the new tractor.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. I am lucky my wife likes to use our tractor...Been laid up for a few days and somebody forgot to tell the grass to stop growing...
And maybe not! Just Sayin!:lol:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welocme from the top of Maine and congrats on the new:greentractorride:!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I signed the papers last night. Now just waiting for Saturday for delivery and trying *not* to spend all of my money on attachments already. :laugh:

I have my eyes on a set of Artillian forks, and a Piranha Tooth Bar. With the tooth bar, how does back grading work? I assume you can't drag the bucket with the blade edge down, or does it flip out of the way somehow?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I signed the papers last night. Now just waiting for Saturday for delivery and trying *not* to spend all of my money on attachments already. :laugh:

I have my eyes on a set of Artillian forks, and a Piranha Tooth Bar. With the tooth bar, how does back grading work? I assume you can't drag the bucket with the blade edge down, or does it flip out of the way somehow?
With the bucket tipped down the teeth should grade like a rake. If you want a truly flat surface it comes off with 2 bolts. It doesn't flip out of the way

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Easy enough for me. Just ordered a Piranha bar and a set of bolt-on hooks. Artillian forks will have to wait - the account is getting a little thin.

Reactions: Myasis Dragon

·
Registered
374 Posts

Ken's bolt on hooks are "da bomb". You'll probably use those more than anything else on your tractor. I put a set on my loader as soon as I heard of them, here on GTT. I just received another set of them - one to put on the middle of the loader and one for the back side of the backhoe, above the bucket. As soon as I get them all installed and painted, I'll post a picture. The piranha tooth bar from bxpanded.com works very nice for digging (as compared to NO toothed bar). I've been satisfied with the outcome when back-dragging it. It does leave a raked look, but in most cases, that's fine. Bxpanded is also developing a backhoe thumb which I've asked to be notified of when it goes into production. Next, on my list of additional implements and improvements, will be spring-loaded hinges for the tail lights (in the development stages of my mind), hydraulic top link for my box blade and a 54" snow blower.

20140426_105917.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rats...

Just got the phone call: it won't be here until Monday or Tuesday of next week. Oh well, it's cold and rainy right now anyhow.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts