Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is pricing me up the 825i with deluxe cab, and power steering. Any thoughts? I looked at the Rangers too but really like the glass cab on the Deere. Appreciate all advice!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I moved from a 850D to an 855D with power steering and I am more than thrilled. I drove a 825i and it was very nice. It was quick and had all the power of the Ranger. I think the build quality of the Deere is better than the Polaris. I also have a Polaris RZR XP 900 to compare to.

The power steering on the new machines is very nice. The anti-kick back in the steering wheel is worth it if you drive off road much.

I could go on and on, but I think your making a good choice. The Chinese motor in it is used in many of the Chinese cars and seems to hold up well, so it should last forever in that machine.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Sounds like an awesome machine to me! I wish I'd got the glass cab on my HPX, but I got the one I have for pennies on the dollar compared, if I had to do it over though, I'd pay premium and get the true glass cab. Not sure if it comes with a wiper or not, but you need a wiper. I don't have one on my cab and when snow plowing I have to keep a window squeegee in the cab and get out and clean the window occasionally.

Power steering is the only thing I truly miss about my Gator. Great decision on that.

As Brian mentioned with the Chinese engine, yes, it's made in China (I believe the brand is Chery but not positive), but this is a very high quality automotive engine. It should last you a long time.

With the cab I'd suggest looking into a snow plow for the front. The Gator's plow amazing and is awesome to be out of the elements. Even if you don't order the plow now, the entire unit (hydraulics and all) comes off the Gator, making for an easy installation and removal at the end of each season.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, bit the bullet this morning and traded my 2009 Polaris rzr-s for the 825i. Went ahead with the power steering, deluxe cab and doors. Damn that cab is expensive...:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Yep, the full glass cab is really pricey! I went cheap, and I wish I hadn't. You will love it! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Very, very, very nice! And to think that in 1969 I paid 15K for my house, that I'm still in! Does that make me sound old? :lol: ~Scotty

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, they are pricey but the dealer gave me a very good trade allowance on my RZR-S. I can do so much more with this UTV that it was worth it. Oh, and Scotty, 15k for a home in 1969 was alot!

RIP Polaris

IMG_6285.jpg Photo by cartod | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
14,121 Posts
ToddM Very ,very nice. Like that cab. Just wondering what part of WV? Bruceton Mills area is my location !

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,086 Posts
Very, very, very nice! And to think that in 1969 I paid 15K for my house, that I'm still in! Does that make me sound old? :lol: ~Scotty
Not to me!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ToddM Very ,very nice. Like that cab. Just wondering what part of WV? Bruceton Mills area is my location !
Parkersburg area. I have been to BMills several times, great area.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Thanks all, bit the bullet this morning and traded my 2009 Polaris rzr-s for the 825i. Went ahead with the power steering, deluxe cab and doors. Damn that cab is expensive...:kidw_truck_smiley:

So I get to use it on weekends?:D

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Wow, that is a neat looking machine….:good2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts