1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
And it even runs!!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
Excellent work by Jerry! In some ways I wish he hadn't painted the Deere tractor as it's neat seeing the raw metal and the craftsmanship involved.

The coffee can raincap is such a cool finishing touch.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Now i wonder if it is possible to make a 1/8 scale modern Deere? :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
there isnt a reason not, just a complicated task to do so. If putting together a regular tractor is complicated, imagine one 8 times smaller!:crazy: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
When I was your age, building model trucks kept me sane during a bad period of my life. Most of my stuff was 1/25th scale plastic models; but if I had the equipment to work metal at the time, it would have been fun to try and make a larger scaled Peterbilt with some functional features.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I was your age, building model trucks kept me sane during a bad period of my life. Most of my stuff was 1/25th scale plastic models; but if I had the equipment to work metal at the time, it would have been fun to try and make a larger scaled Peterbilt with some functional features.
well, i used to really into collectiong the diecast model tractors, well atleast until i started collecting the real ones. :D I have several that are all customed out and are definatly worth the time as they look pretty cool on my shelf. You may only think 5-10, well, i got a few more than that. :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back when I was stuck in an appartment. I got into model building...all 1/64th scale, Started out with Ag stuff, but quickly drifted over towards the truck stuff...I was actually even featured in an article of Toy Trucker & Contractor (July 2006 issue).
I still love building, but just dont have time...I still build for my regular customers though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts