Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ingredients:

1 dozen large Jalapeno peppers
1 package of "Little Smokies" cocktail sausages
1 large package of cream cheese
dried minced onions
Your favorite BBQ dry rub (or, in the alternative chili powder)
1 pound of your favorite smoked bacon

Split the Jalapenos lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Wash under running water; remove the seeds and the entirety of the veins. Suggest you use disposable plastic gloves for the process; in fact, it's almost mandatory. If not, almost ANYTHING you touch later will burn the rest of the day and night, including your hands.

Place one of the little smokies in one half of the pepper; fill with cream cheese, sprinkle with the onion flakes and the dry rub. Replace the other half of the pepper, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with dry rub. Repeat for the rest of the peppers.

Place in your smoker along with your favorite smoking wood; I use Mesquite, Blackjack, Hickory and sometimes Pecan. Cook at 250 degrees F until the bacon is done...about an hour to an hour and a half. Enjoy.

You can cook them in the oven; we have also substituted Polish Sausage for the Little Smokies and it works quite well. You can also leave the seeds and veins in the peppers if you wish, but they will usually be so hot that only one person in a hundred can eat them. Removing the seeds and veins will render them just right for most folks.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Suggest you use disposable plastic gloves for the process; in fact, it's almost mandatory. If not, almost ANYTHING you touch later will burn the rest of the day and night, including your hands.
Yup. No matter how much you wash your hands there will always be a little something hiding under a fingernail for a nice surprise when you rub your eyes, or go to the restroom...

Thanks for this recipe, I'm going to give it a go this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. No matter how much you wash your hands there will always be a little something hiding under a fingernail for a nice surprise when you rub your eyes, or go to the restroom...

Thanks for this recipe, I'm going to give it a go this weekend.
You're quite welcome; I have had nothing but compliments every time I have made these. They are especially well received when we have guests. You will never have any to throw out, unless, of course, you don't get all of the seeds and veins removed, which is the seat of the heat.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Added to the cookbook as an appetizer.:fed::drinks: But I think I would enjoy this as a main course.:lol:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Man...this sounds soooooooo good. I got to do it this weekend. I am going to the deer lease as well. If I have time, gonna dove hunt...then try that dove recipe,Milharri posted up, too!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Man...this sounds soooooooo good. I got to do it this weekend. I am going to the deer lease as well. If I have time, gonna dove hunt...then try that dove recipe,Milharri posted up, too!
Need help? whistle.png

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
You two are just too funny!!! Would you get off the break and get back to work?!

As far as seeds and veins being removed....If I leave them in, there will be more for me! Plan to make these and take them to the next hangar event at the airport!!

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You two are just too funny!!! Would you get off the break and get back to work?!

As far as seeds and veins being removed....If I leave them in, there will be more for me! Plan to make these and take them to the next hangar event at the airport!!
Best remove them! Flaming jets? Good! Flaming pilots? Bad!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Alright. We are at a friend's 60 section ranch south of midland for a dove and predator hunt. We decided to grill up some of yesterday's bag with some ABT's. Damn good if I do say so myself! Thanks for posting the recipe.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410629134.339095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. We are at a friend's 60 section ranch south of midland for a dove and predator hunt. We decided to grill up some of yesterday's bag with some ABT's. Damn good if I do say so myself! Thanks for posting the recipe.

View attachment 32758

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you like them, but I knew you would. Making my mouth water. Sharn Jean just brought home a bunch of Jalapenos; looks like the car club meeting will get a real treat this Friday!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts