Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately when I try to access JDparts.com this stupid box pops up inquiring if I'm not a robot. It contains blurry photos that this old poor visioned person is suppose to pick out photos that contain certain objects. Craigslist has had this robot eliminator for a while. I think the photo's should much clearer

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
Huh. I haven't gotten that on jdparts yet. It's a pain in the butt on Craigslist. I agree that the images are way to small to make out what is in them clearly.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Jim('s...both a ya!) , I ran into the same thing, maybe 3AM this morning! Pics were clear enough to see, but, jeesh, about 6 or 8 screens before they let you in! Bob

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Keith, Same site that I use. I clicked on your link and my dealer in Athens, TN came up! BUT! This morning @ 3ish, I entered a model number, clicked search, a list of similar models numbers came up, and when I clicked the one I wanted, I got the robot thingy. Clicking your link, NO thingy! I just opened a new page, went to partscatalog.deere .com from my bookmarks (EXACTLY as I did this AM) and no thingy. No clue what or why!!!! Tx Jim, try it again. Bob

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I fail those tests a lot. Maybe I am a robot ????

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
The "are you a Robot" pops up if you search, too fast. I find JD parts harder to find things in since their last change, so I do a lot of jumping page to page looking for things. My guess is the site thinks it's being "hacked" or Robots are trying to over load it? :unsure: :unsure:

The last time "Edge" updated, all by itself (it constantly asks to, but I ignore it) I started getting pop ups from the right side of the screen over top of the screen I am using from McAfee and Norton. Very annoying, and NON STOP. They say my subscription (which I NEVER had) has expired with today's date. That they found 3 viruses, that they found 5 viruses, THEY ARE THE VIRUS 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
Here is the link I use now:

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the link below I utilize that I copied/pasted from my bookmarked links. It's odd the robot box doesn't appear every time I access JD parts which appears the same as the one you posted..

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Here's the link below I utilize that I copied/pasted from my bookmarked links. It's odd the robot box doesn't appear every time I access JD parts which appears the same as the one you posted..
Same link I use but so far (fingers crossed) no robot issues. Just checked this morning and "good to go".

Reactions: Tx Jim

·
Registered
4430, 4040, 2350, 2355, 2950, 425 and IH 1586, NH TD95D
409 Posts
That was new to me as well yesterday when helping out on another site. 2 days ago was looking for parts for my tractor and everything was "normal". What is "normal" anymore?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
It is done to avoid denial of service attacks and make your expierence using the site better.

people create bots and a sing computer can run hundreds in parallel. They can do this across multiple computers they have infected they can fire 100’s of thousands to millions of requests at a site like a parts catalog which degrades service or crashes it. Then they request money to stop.

Another tactic to thwart efforts is to block any user making a high number of requests in quick succession from the site for hours to a day. Getting that right can be tricky, I am rebuilding something and get 1/2 way through my parts and am blocked because I exceeded my daily look up.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Using FireFox browser.....no issues with JDParts.
Firefox also, current version, Capcha problems from time to time weather signed in to my account or not. sometimes have to go through 5-6 screens do to bandwidth issues - slow line, latency. There is the audio alternative.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.