Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in the front wheel well on my 835R and seen I have a extra plug on each side. It’s zip tied to two other plugs that go to the lights. I don’t see another location for more lights in that area so just wanted to see if anyone knew what these accessory plugs are for. Here are a few pics and I circled the plug in question and put arrows where the other two went.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
I believe these plugs would be for auxiliary lights that can be mounted on the grill guard.

See metal tabs below the JD emblem on horizontal tube of the grill guard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe these plugs would be for auxiliary lights that can be mounted on the grill guard.

See metal tabs below the JD emblem on horizontal tube of the grill guard.
I wondered the same thing but unless you cut the zip tie that is connecting it the other 2 light plugs and it comes out farther it didn’t seem to be able to reach that far? Not sure tho unless I try. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It's my understanding the R is fully wired for most all factory options. So i would agree with the others that those are the type of connectors auxiliary lights would have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's my understanding the R is fully wired for most all factory options. So i would agree with the others that those are the type of connectors auxiliary lights would have.
Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Generally the lights have wire pigtails on them, or at least the JD lights do

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Generally the lights have wire pigtails on them, or at least the JD lights do
Sounds good! I check sources like YouTube for videos on installs for the 835 Gator but there isn’t very much out there yet on this model. Not sure if there is any other good sources for JD 835i accessories installs?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
If you can see the wire numbers and or colors, I will look at the electrical schematics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can see the wire numbers and or colors, I will look at the electrical schematics.
I’ll check that out and let you know what I see...Thanks Arlen!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of pics here Arlen:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Blue 1236B and Black 0010F should be the wires for the left brush guard light.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue 1236B and Black 0010F should be the wires for the left brush guard light.
Thanks for confirming that Arlen. The wires must extend a long ways after you cut the zip ties in order for it to reach the brush guard light mount. The light kit that John Deere offers is quite expensive ( LED Work Lights For Gator | Other Series | By Series | Genuine Parts | John Deere products | JohnDeereStore ) . I may look at other similar diameter LED lights and see if the cost would be significantly cheaper. If not I’ll go with JD’s. Says these light are also used as the working lights for the cab. I’ll need the front cab ones for-sure in winter for plowing snow. Are you setup for plowing snow with your Gator?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thanks for confirming that Arlen. The wires must extend a long ways after you cut the zip ties in order for it to reach the brush guard light mount. The light kit that John Deere offers is quite expensive ( LED Work Lights For Gator | Other Series | By Series | Genuine Parts | John Deere products | JohnDeereStore ) . I may look at other similar diameter LED lights and see if the cost would be significantly cheaper. If not I’ll go with JD’s. Says these light are also used as the working lights for the cab. I’ll need the front cab ones for-sure in winter for plowing snow. Are you setup for plowing snow with your Gator?
JD's top LED gator lights are made by Rigid Industries in the USA. Super high quality products.
I found a set on eBay for my Gator about $125 off. Box was open and only missing rubber grommets for protecting wire when passing through cab.
That's when i realized they were Rigids.
The next set i bought for front i just bought Rigid from an online dealer. 30% cheaper than being in JD box. Only problem was when i went to plug them into JD harness i found that JD specs a different size connector on their lights. So i had to cut and splice on a different connector to harness.
They are awesome bright quality lights though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JD's top LED gator lights are made by Rigid Industries in the USA. Super high quality products.
I found a set on eBay for my Gator about $125 off. Box was open and only missing rubber grommets for protecting wire when passing through cab.
That's when i realized they were Rigids.
The next set i bought for front i just bought Rigid from an online dealer. 30% cheaper than being in JD box. Only problem was when i went to plug them into JD harness i found that JD specs a different size connector on their lights. So i had to cut and splice on a different connector to harness.
They are awesome bright quality lights though.
Thanks Joe, I believe I’m going to do the same thing as you. I’ll check out what Rigid has to offer and see what is the closest size to JD’s working lights and use different connectors. Did you have to take down everything including headliner, visors and the rear view mirror to install the lights? Also did you buy the switch directly from John Deere?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thanks Joe, I believe I’m going to do the same thing as you. I’ll check out what Rigid has to offer and see what is the closest size to JD’s working lights and use different connectors. Did you have to take down everything including headliner, visors and the rear view mirror to install the lights? Also did you buy the switch directly from John Deere?
My gator doesn’t have a headliner. I bought the factory OPS switch bank and wiring harness kit for the rear work and front driving lights. If you have an R, it should already have harnesses in place.

These are the Rigid lights I bought for front driving mounted on top.

E45146E6-6CC7-4B08-AC9D-251213C9F1E3.jpeg

E05E3D11-624E-48F2-BEDB-BB6A57B093A9.jpeg

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
My gator doesn’t have a headliner. I bought the factory OPS switch bank and wiring harness kit for the rear work and front driving lights. If you have an R, it should already have harnesses in place.

i have the top work ights on my 835R too. and they work wonderfully at night-especially for plowing snow. didn't know what name they were --till now. thanks. the small dealer hooked them up, i would have to dig out my paperwork to see what i paid for them, and if i had to buy extra pigtails(wiring harness) i know i do remember the saleslady saying i had to purchase some of them, like for the rear winch hookup for sure on that-heck maybe even the front too:dunno:
but them lights are great-put them on the rear of cab too.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

View attachment 701930

View attachment 701932
I just ordered that same Rigid SR-Q Pro kit as you from AutoAnything online. They give me a discount cause I shop with them. I got them for $225 shipped with tax. I appreciate the help! I am going to switch the connectors on my gator to match Rigid’s connectors when I get the lights and I will have to go get a switch from JD.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have the top work ights on my 835R too. and they work wonderfully at night-especially for plowing snow. didn't know what name they were --till now. thanks. the small dealer hooked them up, i would have to dig out my paperwork to see what i paid for them, and if i had to buy extra pigtails(wiring harness) i know i do remember the saleslady saying i had to purchase some of them, like for the rear winch hookup for sure on that-heck maybe even the front too:dunno:
but them lights are great-put them on the rear of cab too.:bigthumb:
I will see how these go Jim and put the rear ones in later. I know on my old 825i I put 2 lights up front and one in the rear and it was great for plowing snow I’m sure I’ll need the rear ones also.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I just ordered that same Rigid SR-Q Pro kit as you from AutoAnything online. They give me a discount cause I shop with them. I got them for $225 shipped with tax. I appreciate the help! I am going to switch the connectors on my gator to match Rigid’s connectors when I get the lights and I will have to go get a switch from JD.
The Rigids come with a harness. I cut the connectors off the harness and attached them to JD harness.
Someone mentioned the size connector that JD uses. I think it’s this one, but not 100% positive..
Been saved in my Amazon cart but never ordered it to compare.

E424750C-478D-431A-8FFC-DD626691EA10.png

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Rigids come with a harness. I cut the connectors off the harness and attached them to JD harness.
Someone mentioned the size connector that JD uses. I think it’s this one, but not 100% positive..
Been saved in my Amazon cart but never ordered it to compare.

View attachment 702004
Thanks Joe for the link to them connectors! I got my lights yesterday and today I’m going to see how this setup looks. I’m not sure if JD is using the same plugs or not but when I open everything apart I’ll be able to see. Can you tell if the pics I posted earlier looks like yours do. I looked at a 835M at the JD dealer again cause their connectors are exposed and it looked like a slightly different size version of what I saw for the bumper guard light connectors which JD says their work light kit fits both.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts