Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be fun to try this here on gtt.

Here's how it works. Pick a word- any word, and make it into an acronym. For example, VINE, Various Idiots Nurturing Egos. And, the best part, it doesn't have to make sense!!!!! What can you come up with?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GIZMO

Great Interesting Zebra Mammoth in Ohio

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
FORD=Fixed or Repaired Daily or Found on Road Dead

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
144 Posts
ROPS Raps Our Precious Skulls

At least according to those of you that fold them!!
Mine (the skull, not the shiny new ROPS!) is so lumpy it doesn't matter any more, appearance wise, anyway.

I always tell folks "Tractor Girl is almost perfect..."
It's her taste in men that costs her the 5th star every time. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
FORD F'd over road disaster.. Hey I didn't say the bad word! :nunu:

·
Registered
20 Posts
This coming from a diehard Chicago Cubs fan my whole life. Cubs - Completely useless by September.

And the Iowa - Idiots out walking around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
In the telecommunications and engineering industries where I have spent most of my career it is impossible to avoid acronyms -- including the famous TLA (which is Three Letter Acronym...an acronym for such three letter versions and an example of one itself.)

I have often maintained that I suffer a bit from Acronym Specific Dyslexia -- or SAD :lol:

Chuck

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
GMC is Garage Man's Companion

PhD is Pile HIGH and DEEP

JD is John Deere!!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Years ago our central office techs had to change a few deft cards from the new electronic switch. Larry and Ron ,(just learning the new procedure ) had the manuals out and typing the correct command to shut down this one part of the switch. They finished typing was told OK to remove the card , they removed the card and replaced with a spare card.
A few nights later had to remove either this card or another in a other bay. Typed in the command , received the command OK to remove the card.
They pulled the card out and Morgantown and surrounding area lost Dial Tone. OH Sh_ _ Lasted close to 3hrs before all dial tone was restored..

Ask the fellows, which one the men messed up they told me FRED !!!! We don't have anyone named Fred working in the central office'

Yea we know Ron decided to call the switch ,,

FRED - - - Freaking Ridiculous Electronic Device ..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts