Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a JD 44" Blade on CL. It was only $100, and like new. But....then I realized it doesn't fit my X324. So, I went to look for JD parts for the blade that I need. The part prices are ridiculous through JD. One 2" x 4" bracket was $182. so, there's no hope in buying the parts that I need to adapt the blade to my tractor.

I should probably just find out what model it does fit and flip it on CL...

I'll post a few pics of what I have this evening.

Any other thoughts/ideas??

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
A perfect excuse to learn metal fab?? :dunno:

A Gravely blade on a Cub Cadet,,,,

The rear axle attachment I made,,,

I always wanted a rear axle push snow plow, and I did not want a Wheel Horse or Gravely tractor,,, so,,,,,

Metal fab is a great hobby,,, and you now have an excuse!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,119 Posts
A perfect excuse to learn metal fab?? :dunno:

A Gravely blade on a Cub Cadet,,,,

The rear axle attachment I made,,,

I always wanted a rear axle push snow plow, and I did not want a Wheel Horse or Gravely tractor,,, so,,,,,

Metal fab is a great hobby,,, and you now have an excuse!! :thumbup1gif:
Like your fab job. , no picture but , FIL has a MF1655 (37-38 yrs old) . MF (Snapper) used a long shaft from back to front for their tractors . Instead of going around the axle like yours. The u channel just runs front back of blade like yours to the rear hitch. Then a Grade 8 3/4 or 1" bolt about 3-4 " long and metal sleeve around bolt and then bolt through the hole where your ball is located. Used the tractor every year for guessing 25-30 yrs plowing snow,gravel, dirt and anything else never bent a bolt or broke a bolt.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
So I picked up a JD 44" Blade on CL. It was only $100, and like new. But....then I realized it doesn't fit my X324. So, I went to look for JD parts for the blade that I need. The part prices are ridiculous through JD. One 2" x 4" bracket was $182. so, there's no hope in buying the parts that I need to adapt the blade to my tractor.

I should probably just find out what model it does fit and flip it on CL...

I'll post a few pics of what I have this evening.

Yep. Someone else had a thread yesterday in the "Wanted to Buy" section asking about a plow for his x300. As I mentioned there, the plow for the x300 machines are unique to that series. So you either have to find a plow from another x300 or fab up your own. Parts from other series machines won't help you any.

·
Registered
63 Posts
x324 blade question

I question whether the x324 K58 trans is up to the task of pushing a blade around. The x324 is not intended to be a garden tractor, and the trans in it is not much better than the k46, which has been much discussed and lamented on this web site. I have an x324 also, and the only thing I have used it for besides grass cutting is hauling around a grass sweeper. Anyone else care to remark ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I question whether the x324 K58 trans is up to the task of pushing a blade around. The x324 is not intended to be a garden tractor, and the trans in it is not much better than the k46, which has been much discussed and lamented on this web site. I have an x324 also, and the only thing I have used it for besides grass cutting is hauling around a grass sweeper. Anyone else care to remark ?
I think properly set up (weights, chain), a blade would be fine on a X320/X324 with the K58- I'd be surprised Deere would offer a 44" blade setup if it were so detrimental to the tranny. I use a 44" snowblower on my own '07 X320 and it's been through some hellish winters ( 4' to 6' drifts, subzero temps) and after 835+ hours, it still works like a champ. It's no garden tractor to be sure but it is one tough lawn tractor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts