Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I found a used front mount thatcher and extensions. It had been on a GT 345 and lacked the springs. I’m no fabricator. I messed around a bit and finally caved and ordered the LP48005 adaptor kit for the 300 and 500 series. I kept surfing the web and tinkering. As luck would have it my order got lost in computer changes when the dealership changed hands. I’ve found a few more photos and video that have convinced me the $219 kit is not required. I’m $12.77 on the mounting so far. The lift handle or hydraulic is the next hurdle. I’m moving the handle to the left side. I’ll thumbnail some of my research photos. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Motor vehicle Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Hood Wheel Photograph Green Tire Light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since it took three years to find a used thatcher I shouldn’t feel bad that it took a few weeks for a guy with no fabrication skills to get the thing adapted. After multiple trips to tractor supply only out $45 bucks and save the cost of the $219 LP48005 kit. I’ll be hooking up my MC519 cart soon and letting it rip.
Tire Wheel Riding mower Vehicle Lawn mower
Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Handheld power drill Bumper Electrical wiring Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior

Reactions: SRG

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it works. It works far better than a cheesy tow behind. Is it like renting a commercial unit? No, but you are t swimming in moss after five minutes. The best part is the ease of use. I love driving around, back and forth and in circles. My biggest problem was relative dryness and I don’t think my blades play well with my collection system. I think I read somewhere that my G6 Gator mulching blades are designed to recirculate debris around the deck and blades rather than send them into the collection system. This seemed to be true because when I got out my X324 it did a nice job lifting and picking up debris. There was a lot of fluffy moss and grass on my sidewalks, flower beds, and floating through the air. Overall the grass looks better for my efforts. I think it’s one phase of a lime application and moss control regimen that I need to do periodically. Good tools and lots of them always are always more fun.

Attachments

Reactions: rakane
1 - 3 of 3 Posts