Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my dozens of winter projects is to adapt an older cat 1 Land Pride rotary mower (RCR2560) and a Ford finish mower (930A) to my iMatch. Both have a floating style top link.

I own three iMatch quick hitches but I've never received an owners manual for any of them (purchased from three different dealers). After looking at Deere's web site, I'm not finding anything except their "auto hitch" model that attaches the PTO. I noticed Land Pride's QH15 looks almost identical to Deere's iMatch:
http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/lit/lit_qh15.pdf
And, they have a very nice manual at this link:
http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/320-003m.pdf

Reading their manual, I noticed Land Pride has specific instructions for adapting older floating link implements using an adapter kit (LP part number 320-013A) described on pages 10, 16-17. My local Land Pride dealer ordered a kit for me for $26 plus shipping. I'll give it a try and keep everyone posted but wanted to see how others may have adapted floating top link implements to their iMatch hitches. I've read a number of posts at TBN with all sorts of creative ideas including replacing the yoke straps with chains. Perhaps there are multiple ways to adapt older implements to iMatch hitches depending on the specific implement.

Attachments

·
Banned
419 Posts
Float kit

Your right the float kit works great. A simple 3/4 to 1 and a 1 to 1/14 slid together and then sandwiched between two 3/8 by 9 flat stock with 3/4 holes drilled 1 inch from the ends will work as well. The bushing lay in the hook and other is bolted to the original equipment top link connection. Your mower will not lift flat but will lift the rear wheel (s) off the ground about a foot depending on the tractor and tires

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have that floating adapter on my quick hitch. I bought a NOS Landpride finish mower awhile ago from a dealer that wanted rid of it. I wanted to try one out to see if I liked it better than the mmm. On my quick hitch I have the moveable hook on top which worked out good. You hook one end of the adapter to the same top link pin that holds your hitch to the tractors 3 pt. and the other to the mower allowing it to float. On mine the hook actually hit so I just removed it when I wanted to use the mower. I found out I prefer the mmm over the rear finish mower better so I didn't use it a lot and am thinking of selling the rear mower.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Mmm

I have that floating adapter on my quick hitch. I bought a NOS Landpride finish mower awhile ago from a dealer that wanted rid of it. I wanted to try one out to see if I liked it better than the mmm. On my quick hitch I have the moveable hook on top which worked out good. You hook one end of the adapter to the same top link pin that holds your hitch to the tractors 3 pt. and the other to the mower allowing it to float. On mine the hook actually hit so I just removed it when I wanted to use the mower. I found out I prefer the mmm over the rear finish mower better so I didn't use it a lot and am thinking of selling the rear mower.
I agree I like the mmm on my 4100 better that the rear finish mower. Another way to make a floating top link and very easy is get pear lifting link for 3/8 chain and then a link that will fit a 3/4 bolt cut to the length you need. Lay the pear link in the hook and the other pin to your mower. Works great as well

·
Registered
23,267 Posts
I agree I like the mmm on my 4100 better that the rear finish mower. Another way to make a floating top link and very easy is get pear lifting link for 3/8 chain and then a link that will fit a 3/4 bolt cut to the length you need. Lay the pear link in the hook and the other pin to your mower. Works great as well
Just to show an exaample of what TonyBMI is saying - my Bush Hog is setup this way. This is after I made the modifications to fit my iMatch. The mower had the chain setup from the factory:

P1330202.jpg

P1330288.jpg

P1330289.JPG

I like this setup much better than the floating top link type. Where I do a lot of my brush hogging is in the woods and the floating link didn't give enough flex. When the rear of the mower comes up to a certain point it is then putting a lot of pressure on the top link which of course is then putting a lot of pressure on the transmission case.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Flex hitch

Just to show an exaample of what TonyBMI is saying - my Bush Hog is setup this way. This is after I made the modifications to fit my iMatch. The mower had the chain setup from the factory:

View attachment 111138

View attachment 111146

View attachment 111154

I like this setup much better than the floating top link type. Where I do a lot of my brush hogging is in the woods and the floating link didn't give enough flex. When the rear of the mower comes up to a certain point it is then putting a lot of pressure on the top link which of course is then putting a lot of pressure on the transmission case.

Very very nice pictures My mower is buried for the winter You hit is on the head Thanks coaltrain

·
Banned
419 Posts
Flex hitch

The pictures show one way of doing the other when you have finish mower with the 4 wheels, Then do the same thing but bolt the chain to the mower (you can even make a Y set up with 2 chains to the corners of the deck and then to the ring that coaltrain shows. Lay that ring in the I match hook and go. NO need to even hook the top pin to the I match, it will stay in place with no problem

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great feedback, guys...as always!
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts