Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have 5 implements that I'd like to weld extensions to in order for them to be compatible with an iMatch. My question is whether the PTO needs to be iMatch compatible as well or is that simply a matter of extending the arms when attached to the iMatch? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
The PTO does not attach to the iMatch, so I am a bit unclear of your question.
BUT, often the PTO shaft will need to be longer, or an adapter used to lengthen it since the iMatch pushes the implement back 3-4 inches. It has to be checked for overlap, there is no digital answer here.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Should have nothing to do with the PTO provided the shafts extend long enough to still attach to tractor with the extra distance (if any.) When I had my stuff modified, I really don't recall much of a change in the overall position of the implement, though. Just the thickness of the I-Match itself. I think you will be just fine with the shafts.

Great idea by the way! You will be much more happy with I-Match implements vs. the standard 3-point hook-ups! What are you all changing?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My woods Bush hog mower is NOT easily adaptable....I guess for Flat ground only it could be done but you Lose the
swing effect of the top center mount and may have driveline issues .
You would also lose the ability to back the mower up steep slopes with the hinge feature gone.

The tiller I had ..( yanmar) ..had the driveline way up high and it looked like to tight a fit .

My odd ball rear blade and ripper were easily adapted by modifing the top mount slightly.

Seems like any new implements would be built to spec.

There are "other" I match type hitches with an adjustable top hook.......None of these were avl. 10 or so years ago when I bought my JD I match.

The Harbor Freight one is cheap but a POS..
Neighbor bought one and took it back...I believe He went with a Land Pride and likes it. It is easily adjustable for odd older implements on the Top Hook.

I guess I should add that my Vintage ImAtch unit does not have adjustable top mount/hook as shown in the one in the Next post vvvvvvvv below.

·
Registered
129 Posts
for implements to be iMatch compatible

For me to get attachments iMatch compatible, I need to get the top and bottom arm ready on my attachment.

There are bushing pins and bushing set. They works for me with good price too. Thanks for information from this site.

Amazon.com: Koch 4046111 Category 1-2 Top Link Reducing Bushing Pin, 2/Bag: Home Improvement
Amazon.com: Koch 4046201 Category 2-3 Top Link Reducing Bushing Pin, 2/Bag: Home Improvement

NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment

Except RC2048 come with everything ready (because I got it with my 1025R). the receiver hitch and BB2048L all need above parts to get them ready for iMatch or quick hitch from Harbor Freight

Hello - I have 5 implements that I'd like to weld extensions to in order for them to be compatible with an iMatch. My question is whether the PTO needs to be iMatch compatible as well or is that simply a matter of extending the arms when attached to the iMatch? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PTO does not attach to the iMatch, so I am a bit unclear of your question.
BUT, often the PTO shaft will need to be longer, or an adapter used to lengthen it since the iMatch pushes the implement back 3-4 inches. It has to be checked for overlap, there is no digital answer here.
Hi and thanks for the response. I'm looking to modify a back scraper, sled, cherry picker, tiller and Woods mower. Figured the cost of modifying would pale in comparison to buying new implements. Going to check out the bushing pin sets that change50012 posted. Also, makes senses about the extension for the PTO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
not sure how old your woods bush hog is but Woods makes " quick hitch" adaptors for their equipment. Not cheap but cheaper than a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me to get attachments iMatch compatible, I need to get the top and bottom arm ready on my attachment.

There are bushing pins and bushing set. They works for me with good price too. Thanks for information from this site.

Amazon.com: Koch 4046111 Category 1-2 Top Link Reducing Bushing Pin, 2/Bag: Home Improvement
Amazon.com: Koch 4046201 Category 2-3 Top Link Reducing Bushing Pin, 2/Bag: Home Improvement

NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment

Except RC2048 come with everything ready (because I got it with my 1025R). the receiver hitch and BB2048L all need above parts to get them ready for iMatch or quick hitch from Harbor Freight
Question on your front quick hitch adapter, is it a home made product or did you buy it somewhere? Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Home made quick hitch adapter for H120

I am not handy but I know what I need.

The plate is from Titian. List for $149 and July 4th you got 15% off

Titan Quick Attach Tach Mount Plate John Deere Front Loader Tractor Loader Weld

3 pt quick hitch is from Harbor Freight. List for $99 and July 4th you got 25% off

3-Point Quick Hitch for Tractors - 27-3/16" Clearance

If you are handy then you could do the welding part. All about will cost you less than $200 today only but you got the idea.

I search wide and hard on this and I believe there are something on ebay for more than $500.

Hope this information helpful and happy July 4th to GTT.

Question on your front quick hitch adapter, is it a home made product or did you buy it somewhere? Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
not sure how old your woods bush hog is but Woods makes " quick hitch" adaptors for their equipment. Not cheap but cheaper than a new one.
Agreed. Land Pride also makes an adapter kit (floating top link) for less than $30 that should work on any implement. I used it to adapt a Land Pride brush hog and old Ford 930A finish mower. See page 15- 17 on the attached PFD of their quick hitch manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Adjustable top hook on iMatch

Does anybody see a problem with replacing the bolts that hold the iMatch top hook to the iMatch frame with pins? For some implements, this would upgrade a not-so-quick hitch to an semi-quick hitch. I'm running a 1025r, so I'm guessing that the stresses on the top link are less that those on a larger machine, and within reasonable bounds for the implements that I would be using (landscape rake, aerator, sprayer, spreader, and tiller.)

(I hope that this is posted in the correct thread...)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Many have done this already. Also, some have drilled holes in the existing bolts to replace the nuts with clips.
I don't see a strength issue, just a bit more noise/vibration as the bolts won't be tight.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Does anybody see a problem with replacing the bolts that hold the iMatch top hook to the iMatch frame with pins? For some implements, this would upgrade a not-so-quick hitch to an semi-quick hitch. I'm running a 1025r, so I'm guessing that the stresses on the top link are less that those on a larger machine, and within reasonable bounds for the implements that I would be using (landscape rake, aerator, sprayer, spreader, and tiller.)

As Cutty said, many have already swapped to pins. Strength is not a problem. Usability is increased. And they do allow some movement which has resulted in my 60" tiller getting a little wiggly in tough ground. The convenience is worth it to me though.

Rob

·
Premium Member
12,881 Posts

Like Cutty and BigBlue said, many have and it is not a problem, the top link doesn't actually do any of the lifting anyway, it is simply to adjust pitch of an implement.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I drilled holes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
Does anybody see a problem with replacing the bolts that hold the iMatch top hook to the iMatch frame with pins?
It's funny really. All quick hitches are built pretty much the same around the top hook area (those with adjustable hooks). Some use bolts and some use pins. Those who have the bolts typically want to change it to pins. Those that have pins typically want to change it to bolts.

It's a maaaad world. :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
We want what we don’t have. I’m guilty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not to steal your post, but am currently finding myself in a similar situation, only problem I'm having is making and floating top link on my mower or brush hog work with the quick hitch, how are you guys solving that?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Not to steal your post, but am currently finding myself in a similar situation, only problem I'm having is making and floating top link on my mower or brush hog work with the quick hitch, how are you guys solving that?
Please see this post.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts